HLG-120H-12A Custom Light Fixture.

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Dead Head OG, Jan 25, 2019.

1. #1 Dead Head OG, Jan 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    Good evening , morning or afternoon!
    I finally decided to find out what all the LED hype is about and slap one together. I decided to skip over the QB’s or HLG lighting and make my own to see what happens!
    I’ll be doing a full cycle diary using this exact light within the next month to run a full test but for now I’ll be running it over a coffee can DWC.

Lighting power: Five 8w Panels
    Lighting power: Eight 5w Chips (From Amazon)
    Spectrum: 3000k
    Cooling: 13w High Speed PC Fan. (From Amazon)
    Driver: HLG-120H-12 (From Amazon)

Frame: Aluminum Alloy (24” Long)(5” Wide)(2mm Thick) (Hardware store)

Case/Top: 24” Large Mesh Screen (Hardware Store)

Wire Connectors: 40
    Total Wattage: 93
    Area To Cover : 1 Square Foot
    That should cover all the supply’s...
    Now let’s set this bad boy up!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    First off I took a sharpie and marked around my LED panel’s to find out where I need my holes.
    ———————————————————
    After I marked around my panels I headed down to my shop and drilled all my holes then mounted the LED’s in place with screws.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    ———————————————————
    After everything was securely mounted in place I got to work on electrical. Only took about 10 minutes. I’ll be adding eight 5w led chips within the next week.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    ———————————————————
    After I finished up on the electrical I realized I don’t have anyway to mount it so I added 4 screws with steel wire. I also added a top screen to prevent the electrical from popping out the top.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    ——————————————————
    Here’s kind of what it’s gonna look like hanging over the coffee can DWC. [​IMG]
    ————————————————————
    Now all that’s left is adding the HLG driver , fan and another eight LED’s and I’ll be good to go! I can’t wait to see how it turns out.
    I’ll keep the build going once the rest of my supply’s get here.
    That’s it for tonight fellas I’m gonna get some sleep... Let me know if you guys got any questions!
    Cheers & Goodnight
    -DH

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pretty cool build. How many watts will it draw at the wall?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Spectrum 3K why is it purple? Or you got another light in there
    Nice job building

4. I wonder how they compare to the Samsung 301b’s

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Migro review'd similar chips on his youtube channel and it ended all the curiosity I had regarding these types of chips. I wish you the best, but these do not compare to LM301B or LM561C diode boards at all.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yea there’s some burples in the room for veg and early flowering. I might hang my HPS back up but I think I’ll leave the Burples to see how they flower.

7. 90 true watts. Should be more then enough for a 1 square foot plant.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Here’s a nice little board a GC member made for me recently.

D464E808-4140-40C9-9F63-1A48ED7FD204.jpeg 262CBEB4-F4CB-48D0-AD44-3892D6FF9707.jpeg

I’m going to run it off an HLG-40H-15a (which I just ordered this morning, duh!!). It’s similar to the qb96elites in spectrum as it has 4000k diodes with a decent amount of 660nm for flowering. I’m going to put it over my solo cup plant

BC753729-65F4-4079-A8A6-15B48DE7DD34.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  9. Shit look at that. That's nice for nuttin' but a cup.
    I remember a few years back, we here, had a contest on weight of bud, in a cup and so much time to complete.
    I forgot who won, but it was very interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  10. It’s just sitting in my Super Tupur mix but gets fed 3x a day now that she’s packed with roots

• Like Like x 1
  11. [​IMG]
    Fan just came. Next is the HLG driver and a few led chips.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Finally the driver came!!! Thanks to @tbone Shuffel I have the right one instead of the HLG-120-12A my father originally tried to buy. I didn’t do all the fancy stuff he was talking about like the extra LED chips but I did make it look a lot better. It’s BRIGHT! I turned it on in my house to try it out and it’s twice if not three times brighter then my kitchen lights. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]As most pictures it looks a lot brighter in person.
    I’m really exited to try it out from the start of flower. I think I’ll compare a 80 true watt burple vs this 40w homemade light vs a qb120 dimmed down to 40w and see what happens.

• Like Like x 1