HIV positive

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by midnittoke, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Just recently found out I am HIV positive. I'm a bisexual male who's past caught up with him. I am married and have a good job and insurance. I have people to talk to but just seeing if there are any other fellow blades or bladies that are positive as well. Looking for friendship and support. Just pm me if you don't want it public.

2. #2 Joey Robusto, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2013
    i can tell you. HIV/AIDS is my biggest fear. but you're still human. i'll be your friend. you have support groups, family, etc. 

and also medicine has improved and will only get better my friend. 

Peace and love and all is well

3. #3 midnittoke, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2013
    I had an odd experience. I'm a medical technologist an do testing on blood work for a living. I knew before my doctor and went through a wild ride into the deepest side of panic, fear, inevitable impending death, and isolation. My wife was in Arizona (she tested negative thankfully so far) I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder and this just triggered the worst episode id ever had. I have so much to say but am just now being able to even write it out

-on the computer now.. During this episode I begin to feel in a completely different state of mind. Think of the first time you got high and/or the time you got too high.. Thats the degree of panic and impending doom I had. Yes, I am going to die but so is everyone else. I am not going to let this deter my life even in the slightest. Luckily, Im young, tall, told handsome, so you probably would never guess I was HIV positive. I know most people wont know or even think twice so my day to day interactions havent changed. I have a good friendship with the cafeteria ladies and the hospital I work at gets the Boost nutrient drinks for CHEAP. They are passing along the savings so i can have at least 1 a day and not have to pay the extremely high prices at the grocery store. (Buying them by the case) Also, my uncle is a Stage IV Pancreatic Cancer survivor. He was in a research program at the cancer research center and they near cured him.. I am going to talk to him today and get all his dietary information (they got him mushroom extracts (reishi, shiitake, maitake) to help his immune system) I plan to follow the same regime to keep healthy as i can live a long life as long as i stay in control of my health 

4. Its not the end of the world. You already said you have a wife, so you got things going for you. This is only another one of those shitty life happenings. Keep your head up, this isnt the end and you aren't alone. Grasscity is here for you. :smoke:

5. I've been sitting here typing something in, deleting that and typing again; I don't know what to say. :( This sounds like such a hard thing to go through.

6. Wow, I'm sorry to hear that Op. I can't even imagine what it must be like to find that out. Have you started looking at treatment options yet?

7. im pretty sure 2 people have already been cured of HIV recently . so thats some good news

8. Sources?

9. I lost my uncle to HIV and I would never wish a sickness like this upon anyone. Medicine is definitely improving, and weed should help keep things bareable in the mean time. Good luck to you and I hope you live a long prosperous life.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. buddy, the treatment for these types of things is getting almost common, two separate people have been cured of HIV already, in another 5 years it will be almost everywhere.

11. umm thats pretty significant news

12. Stay positive and keep your head up. 

Pun intended

13. How much unprotected buttsex did you have with men back in the day?

14. Buttsecks for dayz:ph34r:

15. Only once actually

16. That's some heavy shit to deal with. I guess i would be ok with the dying part as i'm not particularly healthy anyway and won't live to be old but i think the fear of giving it to someone else would scare me more. I am puttin out some good vibes for ya and you're in my thoughts. Noone deserves a disease but it sounds like you're going to make the most out of everything and that makes me smile. Stay strong.

17. Unprotected anal once? Or mutliple unprotected encounters?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Im so sorry to hear that but as long as u take the meds ul be good

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app