Hit by a drunk driver *Pics*

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Worry Tomorrow, Dec 21, 2010.

1. #1 Worry Tomorrow, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2010
    So my friends J, R and I just left our dealers crib, got a nice fat 8g bag of dank for $50, stopped by the liquor store for a 30 pack put it in the trunk and continued on our way back to R's house. We were going 45 in a 55 threw a intersection where a man ran a red light and T-Boned us in the drivers side door. J was driving, his head hit the side window and shattered the glass, I flew across the back seat and slammed my head and R hit his head on the opposite window. Our car spun counter clockwise 720 degrees where we stopped short of flipping into a gully. R pulled J and I out of the car we threw are buds( we would come back the next day to get them. We then proceed to the drunk driver's truck where he reeked of whisky and couldn't talk. He then fled the scene while the officer was watching us till the ambulance showed up. We all went to the hospital and none the less we were all blessed with just concussions. They later found the man later at his house (they only found him because R got the licenses plate number, but he couldn't get charged with drinking and driving because the police found him at his home drinking, so we are going to peruse a lawsuit. Just thought I'd share I'll post pictures if you guys want. The picture of the inside is where my head hit.

Attached Files:

• a1.jpg
      a1.jpg
      File size:
      194.9 KB
      Views:
    • a2.jpg
      a2.jpg
      File size:
      124.8 KB
      Views:
    • a4.jpg
      a4.jpg
      File size:
      147.9 KB
      Views:
  2. wait because he was further excess drinking, there's no way he could have been drinking earlier and had driven? wtf?

3. The Police said theres no way to prove he was drinking when the accident occured.

4. What a fucking genius that guy is, way to get out of a DUI charge.

5. Oh yeah man he sure is a genius.

6. He may get out of a DUI but leaving the scene of an accident and a hit and run is no small charge. Glad to hear you guys are ok.

7. Glad to hear you guys are okay. Hopefully you can get this guy what he deserves with this lawsuit.

And on another not, pictures would be nice. :smoke:

8. Damn, that's some crazy shit.

Last year a 16 yr old girl died at the local HS here because of a drunk driver. Head on collision and she wasn't wearing a seatbelt. They didn't even bother scraping her brains off of the windshield.

9. I guess obvious sarcasm isn't so obvious...

10. Dude cant get away clean an clear. Hey did a hit and run. You buddys car has to have paint from the dudes truck or what ever he was driving and vise versa. Def pursue this in court man, dont let this guy go out and kill someone next time.

Bunga

11. go to the guys house, and get pictures of his front bumper

im pretty sure that thing has to be smashed in, and you can use this in court to nail that asshole

people like that make me sick; why drink and drive? you might as well bash your head in with the glass bottle -__-

12. Glad you and your buddys are ok. Yall were lucky.

Unfortunately he most likely will not be charged with an alcohol-related charge. my uncle is a lawyer and explained this to me because a similar situation happened to him. Actually some drunk idiot ran his truck into my uncles house while he was out of town but the guy fled and only got charged with leaving the scene of an accident.

13. do it

drunk drivers are the worst......

14. Really glad to hear you and your friends are alright. I wish you all a quick recovery from your concussions.

I would definitely pursue this with a court claim (and of course, an insurance claim against the driver).
    Good luck with your future.

15. That's what I was thinking.

Why didn't the cop get him for hit and run? He would have clearly seen the damage on his front bumper.

16. WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alcohol takes time to enter your system AND be metabolized....blood test and a Breathalyzer would have given an indication of how long he has been drinking and how long he was 'drunk', as well as pumping his stomach to recover any unprocessed alcohol to show he had recently or over a long term, consumed enough to be 'drunk'.:mad:

...and you should sue the police for allowing the guy to be in his vehicle with his keys, that allowed him to run home (license # known, cops have RADIOS to report such events to catch runaways)...and then try too cover it up with piss-poor excuses when they KNEW BETTER.:mad:

17. He got charged with hit and run, leaving the scene of a accident, driving under suspended licesnes, and a few more things but no DUI..

18. Driving drunk with a suspended license?! He was asking for it and still got out of some of it :eek: damn.

19. Glad your ok. Hope the bud is too.

20. this ^

glad to hear your okay dude, hope it all works out for you