Hit and Run question.

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Acidphere, May 11, 2012.

1. I stupidily was backing out and barely scraped a car like two weeks ago, and i was late for work so i got out to see if the damage was bad and there was a tiny scratch, no big deal at all...well to me anyways.

Well I got a 14 point ticket last night for Hit And Run because they got it all on camera, and he told me that im going to have a pretty big fine, i asked him about the insurance and he really didnt know if it was going to cover thier car.

Does anyone know if my insurance will cover their car? I know i can call and ask and im going to be doing here in a few hours but was just wandering how this is going to go down. I've never had this shit happend, thanks for any input.

2. Insurance will cover their property but not yours if you have liability.. The point of insurance is to cover the other parties damaged property if you are at fault

3. Alright thanks, thats what i figured but since the whole hit and run came in deal i didn't know if they were going to try and bone me with the law.

My property is alright, i barely hit the fucker. I didn't even see a scratch on thier car to be honest and ill probably get like a 500$ fine and my insurance raised by 50$ a month if not more.

4. Why didn't you leave a note? Not trying to make you feel bad but it would have been the right thing to do.

Good luck to you.

5. Yeah i know, dumb mistake. No excuses really i just had to get to work and i didnt see any damage done to the car so i took off. I feel bad about it though already ha. Its alright im getting what i deserve.

6. We all make mistakes man. Maybe go to court and say something like if I saw any damage I would have left a note. seriously how many people have bumped the car next to them when they opened their car door.. Surely almost everybody at one point.

Cheers blade :D

7. Very true, but i dont want to start making up excuses to the judge ya know?
    He'll just be like hey i dont want to hear it.

But thanks man, im just more worried about having to pay for the supposed scratches on his car. I just wanna pay my fine its gonna be large enough lol.

8. Sucks for you both, sorry to hear it. Insurance should cover regardless of exact situation.

9. this happened to me an my cousin we parked in this trailer area type place an we were high ass shit but when she was backing out we totally fucked up this persons car so bad an the chick got out an she was talkn to us only she was high as fook to!! an shes all like omg my friends gunna be so pissed..an were like tell ur friend were sorry..then we ran into the car an I'm like DRIVE DRIVE DRIVE!! jebus was on our side that day =3
    *bows head* Thank ju jebus <3
    Amen

btw we never got caught even tho cops were right across from us ;)

10. If it makes you feel any better I witnessed a dumb girl back straight into a car at the university. She left his/her front bumper hanging off.

And she drove off, to the other side of the parking lot, and I watched her get out her car and walk off to class.

Now THAT'S a douche bag. So I wrote a note for the guy/girl complete with her license plate number. Gottem!!

-GBM

11. i hate to be a dick but if the person thought it was a big enough scratch to look up the camera footage and notice it before they even left the place then it probably wasnt a negligible mark. One of my dads friends whose older (like 75 ) and a really shitty driver backed into my car and scraped up the back bumper and my dad was like "ehh its just calebs car its fine no worries man" i came back and was a like "wtf is this huge mark on my bumper" and got told what happened and to deal and i still have a giant silver smudge across the back left of my blue bumper.

TLDR:: my dad allowed his friend to hit and run me and i still have the scratch and it wasnt cool.

12. Haha that makes me feel better that i didn't fuck up that bad.

The worst part wasn't even getting the ticket, a week later the cop came to my house and my house was basically hotboxed with weed smoke not hotboxed but the smell was noticible and i was drunk...I had to talk to him and sign the ticket pretty twisted lol.

merch your not being a dick i understand, i would be pissed if the same thing happened to me but to be honest i barely hit the bitch, i checked for marks and i saw nothing, maybe a little smudge but seriously nothing. I wouldn't of left if i saw a scratch.
    besides it was a shitty nissan and apparently the cop told me shit was way worst then i thought it was apparently. And it took like a week and a half for the cop to come so i highly doubt it but im wandering if they purposely fucked it up to get a bigger insurance check to cash...

i got my truck rammed into head on, broke a headlight and the whole front bumper and i only got 1,100...So if its more than that im going to be really pissed off at how much i got for a way worst accident. She'll probably get like 200$ and my insurance will raise 60$ a month. Which is bullshit but whatever i paid the price!

and lumpkins i see you a lot now on here hah, sweet baby jesus.

13. I don't think jesus could stand to be on your side. Well I'm going to go smoke a bowl and ponder the meaning of life and natural selection, need it after trying to understand that post