Hip-Hop please

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Dizzzle, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Anyone turn me onto some good hip-hop tracks? Appreciate it

2. C murda ,lil whyte,TI,Tupac,Charmillionare

3. he said hip hop not hip pop.

4. Madvillian (any MF Doom really), Quasimoto, Dalek, and Black Star. All good stuff, enjoy!

5. Yeah man I'm already onto MF Doom he's got some nice tracks out. Black Star..Isn't that just like Talib Kweli and Mos Def? Talib's got some good songs out by himself

6. Black Star is Mos Def and Talib Kweli, the best alliance in hip-hop. To bad they haven't released a new album yet.

7. I like dilated peoples but most of all any of Clinton Sparks mixtapes when i high. crazy shit.

8. mos def ft kwali - know that
    The roots - the seed 2.0
    Big L - Size em up
    Canibus - micnificent
    living in pain - big/pac/nas
    outkast - players ball
    the game - we aint
    nas - anything off illmatic
    snoop - gs and hustlaz

9. Shame on a n*gga - Wu Tang

Or any other song from that album, you cant go wrong with the 36 Chambers!

10. Big L - Ebonics, Put it on, MVP,
    Big Pun - Beware, Still Not a Player
    Immortal Technique - Bin Laden, Cause of death, Industrial Revolution, Point of no Return
    Bone Thugs N Harmony - Crossroads, Foe the love of money, Notorious Thugs, Thuggish Ruggish Bone, The weed song, Ecstacy, Look into my eyes, 1st of tha month, Resurrection
    Eazy-E - Real Muthaphuckin Gs, Boyz N the hood
    Canibus - 2nd Round Knockout, Genabis
    Ice Cube - It was a good day, We Be Clubbin, I Wanna Kill Sam, No Vaseline, Once Upon A Time In The Projects, Bop Gun, What Can I Do? , You can do it, You Know How we do it
    N.W.A. - Fuck the police, Straight outta Compton,
    Papoose - Hail Mary, Alphabetical Slaughter, Hip Hop Sharades
    Saigon - Favorite things
    Xzibit - X, The Foundation, Get your walk on
    Krayzie Bone - Get'chu Twisted, I Remember
    Dead Prez - Propaganda, Hell Yeah (Pimp The System), Animal in Man, Hip Hop, Radio Freq, W-4, Behind enemy Lines

11. Start with A Tribe Called Quest and De La Soul ...

Some current acts I dig are: Deep Thinkers, Foreign Exchange, The Sound Providers, and anything Madlib is a part of. I won't repeat the ones already mentioned, but definitely hit up alot of the acts already on the board. Tons of good music to be enjoyed out there.

PS: If you want to get into hip hop, consider introducing yourself to jazz first ... it definitely makes for a better appreciation (IMO).

12. immortal tecnique, eazy e, NWA

13. The Game is a great rapper, Nas my #1 favorite, The Notorious B.I.G a deceased legend, Lil Wayne straight up g, Young Jeezy reppin the A

14. Company Flow, anything by them is real good
    A Tribe called Quest
    Antipop Consortium

15. Mac Dre, E-40, Andre Nickatina, The Luniz ("I got 5 on it" is a slap ass song by them), Federation, Frontline, Yukmouth, Keak Da Sneak, Ya' Boy, The Crest Creepaz, Turf Talk, The Delinquents. All first class Bay Area rappers.

Good Songs:
    Bleezies-N-Heem--Mac Dre
    Tell Me When To Go--E-40
    Clap--Mac Dre
    Thizzlamic--The Crest Creepaz
    Town Business--Keak Da Sneak
    Thizz Dance--Mac Dre
    Doing It Live--The Delinquents
    Rep Yo City--Various artists
    Dredio--Mac Dre

Just some Bay slaps for ya:).

16. I would start off with the whole Illmatic cd. Its one of the best. Talib is one of the better rappers out right now, he tore it up in dave chappelle's block party.

My favorite hip hop cd right now is def the black album. anything with jay z is money.