Himilayn Gold in Soil

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by KreeMN, Feb 19, 2009.

1. My last try at growing in hydro didn't work and that grow journal is in the Advanced Grow area. I'm a noobe with bud growing so I am going back to basics. The pics are from (yesterday) day 1 above ground. The soil is Fafard seed starter potting mix which is ph balanced peat moss and vermiculite with a wetting agent.

Attached Files:

2. Day 2 pics. The leaves look much more like pics I've seen of this strain. The previous seed did not have the roundness.

Attached Files:

3. My friend is growing a HG along with a couple Aurora Bs and he was like "That Himalayan Gold looks weird dude. It's all round. It doesn't even look like a pot plant".

I was wondering about the leaves too lol.

Good luck man. I've had my own problems in hydro but damn it I'm stickin with it haha

4. Day three pic. She is doing well I think.

Attached Files:

5. Hey Kree :) Good to see you havn't quit yet! I have good feelings about this grow man. I'll be keeping up with this one!

In other news, did you see that the MMJ bill is going to be heard by the senate judicary committee? They didn't meet on Thursday, and it's not on the agenda for this Tuesday (Town Hall meetings, woohoo), but hopefully they'll get to it soon.

Anyway, I'm not trying to derail your thread :) Keep us updated as your grow progresses!

6. Hi coffeeandherpes! I haven't quit. I have been known to grow flowers from seeds outside so doing it inside is comfortable. It is a learning experience.

Yup, I am watching the bills also. I will qualify when it happens. I read where a lawmaker asked Pawlenty to just not sign or veto it. That would be a great compromise for him. He wouldn't feel that he changed his stand but he would stand aside to allow progress to continue.

When the State is looking for any way to increase their revenue and decrease their budgets, how can the Governor ignore such a revenue stream. Jobs would be put in place for the collection of taxes, fees and permits besides the income of those.

7. #7 KreeMN, Feb 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2009
    Here are Day 4 pics. Gave her a drink yesterday and look at how big her leaves got! Water only still.

Attached Files:

8. The little babies are lookin great! Nice work man

9. Here are Day 5 pics. I'm so psyched about this one.:)

Attached Files:

10. Day 7 pics. She has 2-26 watt 6500 and 1-26 watt 2600 on her now. The temp during the day is 75-77F and at night 68-70F. Fan is on constantly. 24/7 on the lights. She got put into a deeper container of Seed starter soil. I plan to transfer her to regular soil when she gets big enough.

Attached Files:

11. Awesome man, i'll be watching this grow! Good luck with the HG, my friend just got done some and it is grade A smoke!:smoking:

12. Pics from Day 8. I am SSSOOOOO stoked about this grow. :yay:
    The round leaves have begun yellowing near the stem. Time soon to put her into dirt and start feeding.

Attached Files:

13. Day 9 pics here. I love it when I wake up in the morning to growth. The soil they are in is 5" square x 3" deep. They are getting ph adjusted to 5.8 spring water, about a cup every 2-3 days. That is not enough to get any runoff. I plan on repotting them in regular soil once it's safe for nutes. I should go pick up some FFOF but I have some regular potting soil with no nutes already. Any opinions?

Attached Files:

14. Nice looking plant....she looks happy.

Have you ever smoked HG? If so how is it? I am growing some HG out now and am in week 5 of flowering. Buds are starting to look real nice.

Will be watching this grow.

15. Nope, I've never had it myself. I have come to understand much better what the curing process entails. At least with this strain it produces so much that there will be time for it to be well cured before it's gone.

16. #16 KreeMN, Feb 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2009
    Here are pics for day 11. :D She got 2 cups of adjusted water last night and popped open the next set of leaves. I hope someone will let me know when I should add nutes. I was wrong in my previous post about the round leaves-they are not turning yellow yet. I had heard that once you have 2 sets of leaves it is times it introduce 1/4 strength nutes but the last thing I want is nute burn.

Attached Files:

17. Day 12 pics. What can I say? The skin on the stem is splitting because it is expanding. All I can do at the moment is watch her grow.

Attached Files:

18. Here are Day 14 pics. She sure looks good to me. I am giving her 2 cups of adjusted water 6 ph about every 2 days. Still no runoff, am going to go to 3 cups next time or til I get runoff. No nutes given. Still 3 26 watt cfls- 2 6500K at the sides and 1 2600 K at the very top. I can switch that top one to 6500K but she seems so happy. I will be adding more lights as needed when she gets taller.

Attached Files:

19. Lookin good man i like the plants, they are flyin along mine are at day 21since breaking soil and they are around the same size as urs at 14days but mine are a different strain "White Russian" so maybe thats why!

When you goina start feedin them??

20. Awesome looking plants....the Himalayan Golds get big that is for sure. I have two HG's in week 6 of flower and they are starting to look real good. Buds are swelling up nicely.

Good luck with your grow...will watch your progress.