Highest Mileage on GC!!

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by disch0rd, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Tomorrow I'm changing the oil in my 1989 honda accord LXi, at just over 208,000 miles. I was only curious. Who else has got an old car like me that still purrs like a kitten?! XD

2. Well my geo metro has over 600k miles on the body. The last engine lasted over 350k miles, and this new one is about to hit its first 100k.Those miles aren't all from me though, my dad used to have it for his daily driver because we live so god damn far away from the city and where he works. We have commute over 100 miles a day. -.- But that little thing just keeps on going and going.

My ford aspire just hit 100k the other day too. :D

3. God damn. Yeah. Same story here. The honda was my dad's daily commuter for a long time, he even drove it from MD to OK twice, it's also been from MD to FL and back as well. All original engine parts pretty much. Aside from having to replace shit here and there, it's been a great vehicle. Regular oil changes ftw.

4. my bmw e30 has around 220k on the body, but i swapped the 2.7L i6 for a 4.9L v8 with around 88k on it.

my '87 gmc has around 260k on it, original 5.0L 305 v8.

my '98 chevy has 198k on the 4.3L v6

my old honda had 197k on it when the head gasket went and i traded it for the bimmer.

5. 100 miles each way?????

6. sadly my 03 cav has 150k+ but thats not from me though, from the previous owner. plan to v6 swap or swap for a brand new stock motor in the future so Im just gonna run that engine till it goes.

7. most modern engines can easily run to 250-300k miles with proper preventative maintenance.

hell, i've gotten 260k out of a chevy 5.0L

8. 08 WW evo x w/7k
    06 eclipse gs w/72k (DD) to and from college

9. My original 22re toy motor had 380K on the OD and it was a 94.
    Rebuilt the motor, Blew it at 6K.. :rolleyes:
    Swapped in a 3.0v6 Toy that had 50K and about 100K now and ive beat the piss outa it.. Ill drop my stage 3 centerforce clutch at 4 grand in compound low gear going up a 60* Wall. :eek::D

10. my z32 is about 194k miles. its due for its swap..... twin snails included XD

11. I change oil during the summers for a livin and i changed the oil on a late 80's model toyota car that had 501,000 (yes over half a million) miles on the odometer.. the old man driving it was the original owner and always kept the oil changed ---- that car was still SO CLEAN i couldnt even believe it had over 100,000... he said the toyota dealership in my city offered him to trade it for a brand new toyota car so they could put it on display or whatever... something about it was one of the last cars they made in a certain country before they moved their operations to a new country? idk the full story anymore i was pretty stoned :smoke: anyways that idiot told them no... i woulda done it cuz you never know with a car with that many miles....

12. 94 pont sunbird se. 270,000. was my moms she bought it brand new and my dad changes oil for a living. only problem i ever had with it so far is a bust water hose.

13. i have a 1977 280z with 190k miles. original motor, never rebuilt. it recently started burning a lot of oil... so its time for a rebuild.

14. My 91 Honda CRX has 239,000 miles on the original engine and it still runs perfectly. Theres a million mile club with mostly honda civics in it. You would be suprised how long an engine can last if u take care of it.

15. My 99' Chrysler Concorde just hit 300K.
    Same as you guys, used to be my dads daily ride to work.. Still runs beautifully though.

And people say Domestic cars dont last... lol :D