Higher Self

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Chronic777, Jun 5, 2009.

1. When you say "they just will", do you mean that [they just will] follow their own path towards enlightenment? Surely not everyone becomes enlightened before they die...

2. Towards is a direction.

3. although true, all paths lead to where?

alot of beings can say 'i need to follow my own path' which is true, but where will that path lead, to somewhere that is your 'own', or the universal?

giving up the belief 'my own' is the path

4. So is giving up the beleif 'my own' is giving up the ego?

5. The ego is not given up. Only the ego can give itself up, in the form of transformative evolution.

Giving up I believe is the same as letting go.

6. #26 smokingjoe68, Jun 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2009
    I would have to agree that enlightenment, as stated earlier, is awareness. I've read some more since my last post. I'm kind of a schollar at times, I like to read about and understand things.

For the state I've reached at this point, I've become aware that I'm a part of a single unit that is existence. It is me and I am it, we all share it. I have an extremely limited perspective of me (existence) from the sensors at my disposal. The truth is unknowable from our vantage point and so part of awareness must be trust. We have to trust in an unknowable truth.

I'm a little stoned right now, lol, so perhaps this is off topic. I'll check back at what I wrote later : )

Oh and, PB, thx for filling my rep : )

7. I agree.

8. You will know the unknowable.

That means you will know how life works, but never know what life life is. It is unknowable, because it is infinitely deep and shallow at the same time. It means that even if you live forever knowing how it works, which you will, you will never know what it is. You will know it as much as you can and be with it as much as you can, but you will never stop seeking and knowing more about the unknowable. Life surprises you forever.

All knowing how it works does is free you to start knowing what it is. When you no longer have to think about why things happen, and everything is perfect all the time, you can really start just living it completely.

Knowing how it works is the first step, and almost no human beings have taken that step. That is what The Present(s) (the books in my signature) are for and why we are telling people to read it. We need people to take the first step. The next step is living the life and that is the last step because it never ends. You will know the unknowable as the Bible says, but it still is the unknowable, there is no contradiction there, even though people that have not taken the first step will think it is.
    The time is now or never; we have the opportunity to transform ourselves into spiritual beings and take the next step in evolution en masse.

"Beauty is life when life unveils her holy face.
    But you are life and you are the veil.
    Beauty is eternity gazing at itself in a mirror.
    But you are eternity and you are the mirror."
    -Kahlil Gibran

9. Nice post :)

Knowing is Being