Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Highdea/Experiment - Should I tell my parents I smoke?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 5cooby Doo, Feb 2, 2013.

1. I've seem quite a few of these threads and it sparked an idea! Now-a-days most information is portrayed through media, the internet. It's fast and efficient and a lot of people believe everything they see on the net. Most people I know have an E-Mail address. Which got me thinking of something to try....

First make an email. Something that looks Official (example: KentuckyCounsil2004@hotmail.com OR CanadaGovt@live.ca)

Then send an Email to your "victim". In the Subject Line, put something interesting, and eye catcher. Be creative.

Finally, the context of the email. Insert POSITIVE information, a website, text, something like Granny's List, anything. Then click Send.
    -----

Eventually the person should get this email and hopefully read it. Maybe this can give them some good truthful info, maybe something to talk about. I'm not saying this will change their minds from Anti-Pot to Pro-Pot but it's a start. If in a few days they don't bring it up, you can always slip it into the convo. "Hey mom, I got this strange email the other day... blah..blah..blahh....
    -----

I have not tried this, but it can't hurt, now can it! If anyone has any comments, decides to try this.. Post your results or opinions here :)

:smoking:

2. Stupid idea that would likely not work. What do you have to gain from telling them you smoke? Probably nothing since they won't be convinced off some bogus e-mail anyway.

"Oh, okay son! I got an e-mail the other day! It took away all the negative impressions I previously had on marijuana. Feel free to smoke in the comfort of your own room from here on out!"

:rolleyes:

Keep dreaming, bud.

3. #3 5cooby Doo, Feb 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2013
    HEY! I never said I want to ask my parents. This has absolutely nothing to do with me. I'm very happy with my current situation :wave:. This was just something others could quite possibly try. I still stand by it until it is tried :smoking:.

Bolding portion, You clearly did not read the full post or understand it. I did mention that it by no means is a proven or even acutely-possible. I simply implied it may give them an open mind OR be something that can be added into a conversation by them or yourself.

4. I agree, its a start. It might start some conversations between you and your parents. I've been watching this show, Drugs Inc., with my dad so we just chat about what we see. Allows me to get my opinions out. If I ever tell him that I smoke, I think he'll be more open to it. Of course I am lucky because I know that he used to smoke and even grew it himself and smuggled it internationally soooooo