High School to College?

Discussion in 'Fashion & Lifestyle Trends' started by JoshisHazey, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Hey everyone, im going to be a senior in high school in september. My peers would definitley label me as a stoner but compared to a majority of this communtiy i dont see myself as one lol. Anyways, i just want to know the biggest difference between high school life and college life. I held about a 3.5 GPA this school year and i will admit smoking weed interfers alot with my school work, but i sorta just naturally do well in school. I know college is different. What would you guys recommend because i know there are tons of stoners who come out of college with degrees. Another thing i was thinking about was selling pot when i go to college because i want a source of money in college, i know that having a QP in my dorm room is definitley a no-no. Any reply to this post is helpful:ph34r:

2. the difference is that you pay for your books in college

3. And then open them once or not at all. They're expensive as hell too

4. dont buy em then , internet plagiarism will do 

5. It REALLY depends on where you go to school.  Some schools having ANY bud in your dorm room is enough to get kicked out, some schools will brush things as serious as dealing under the table to avoid any trouble.

It's really different because there's no one there to tell you what to do.  You can go to class every day, only smoke on the weekends and get a 4.0 and the only recognition you'll get is your own sense of accomplishment.  There's no good stars anymore, teachers don't chastise you for missing a class or falling asleep, and no one says anything if you become an alcoholic.  It's the time to try out becoming an adult, taking charge of all those little things that someone else used to help look after.

6. Don't buy all your books at first. I'm a freshman, and spent $700 first semester and barely used them. This semester, I've been buying as I go. If the teacher says we need it, I go to the bookstore. I've only spent $300 and were halfway through the semester. Also, learn study habits. It's cliche as fuck, but I suck at studying and procrastinate like a motherfucker. I didn't need to try to get good grades in high school but college is definitely different. Not necessarily harder, but different.

Also, if you plan on drinking, learn how to now. Don't be that kid.

7. Totally agree with the guy above except for the drinking thing...
    As a senior in college... Smoking during high school and smoking during college are two different things!! In high school it's easier, mainly busy work from teachers and stuff and getting answers and help from other classmates are easier because graduating classes are smaller. In college, you're pretty much in your own. When in class you mainly just sit there and listen rather than in high school where you do work+listen so if you're high then consider that lecture in one ear and out the other...
    Regarding selling, that could work out depending how big the campus is... Just don't get caught or sell in the wrong areas! The school could kick you out, losing any scholarships you got, or make bad connections.
    Sorry to make this kinda long, just my two cents.

8. In high school, your main priorities are social. In college, your main priorities are educational. It feels different like that. Community college difficulty isn't any harder I'd say. English 101 has been easier than senior English, and my bio class reminds me of honors bio in high school. Idk how university is though.

9. You'll be transitioning from
    An environment where your peers call you a "stoner", to an environment where your peers will be asking you if you want to match up with them

I've never coughed after taking a hit 😁
    And my eyes never get red 😎
    #VisineWho ??

10. If you're going to Community, It's pretty much the same thing, just that everyone's a million times more mature. I don't know about big Universities though ( and with that GPA, I'm assuming that's where you're going)

11. The difference is responsibility. Nobody will hold your hand and remind you when your homework is due. Nobody cares if your grades slip, and that first F hurts the ego.

Selling weed at school would be an easy way to get expelled. If possible, take a year off to work or travel or something. You've been in school long enough, you earned a year off.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app