Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

High School Dropout Pothead - Future Doctor

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 10005988, Aug 10, 2012.

1. awesome dude. im gonna do pre-med also haha but good for you. 36 is crazy good

congrats.

you could probably get into harvard med if you got some good ECs haha

Good luck down your path

i will come to you for my mmj prescription hah

2. What are Ecs ? Extra curricular?

3. ya extracurriculars lol sorry. i'm also on a college forum thing and we use all that nerdy stuff haha

4. [​IMG]

5. Ah thats cool. What EC's would you recommend? I have like a bunch of volunteer community service and im now volunteering (shadowing) doctors at a local EMC.

6. Get EMT certified.

Volunteering =/= shadowing.

7. haha i'm not there yet so i couldn't really say. i'm highschooler still

but volunteering, shadowing, INTERNS are a biggy
    nothing a little google search couldnt tell you :p i can pm you this forum that i use for nerdy stuff haha lots of info there

8. Fuck are you kidding. I just graduated college in May with my Associates, going for my Bachelors. And I'm a High School dropout.

And I just smoked for the first time 2 weeks ago. I never did any kind of drug in HS and still didn't have any motivation. Dropped out, got the GED. Then I matured, got my shit together, decided I needed my degree and went and did it. Still working on the Bachelors but anything your set your mind to, you can do.

The question has never been about drugs. It's about priorities. Do you want to succeed bad enough to endure the work you must do to get to where you want to be. It's a simple equation really.

If you don't, you wont. If you do, you will.

The idea that Mary Jane creates people like that is nothing but more stigmas attached to it by the government who have brainwashed the gullible into thinking that MJ is in the same league as heroin, cocaine and meth.

Hell I can't wait till school starts back and I can study high. My focus will be off the charts!

9. At least were I live the med school students have to take a drug test, nurses, docs, pharms, the lot of em, I chose chemestry for a reason, perfumes I swear to god:D

10. the hospital will drug test during clinicals which is 3rd/4th year

they will do it again during residency

its best to just quit because you need to be 100% attentive, i plan on quitting in 2013 until i finish residency

and then they also might drug test when you are working full time

after 3-5 years of working as a doctor at a hospital, everyone knows who you are and they will probably not drug test you, but until then, id be VERY careful

besides there is no point worrying about it now, just focus on getting in

11. Pm iT!

12. Liberal Hippie Douche. Naw im just fucking with you. I just watched that sout park episode. Anyway great job. Im glad were getting smart stoners. They make us look good all over.

13. can I get a script? haha

14. haters everywhere we go :hello:

what are you trying to put into perspective? because i fail to see it.

15. I think if you're motivated and have some discipline and can put your mind to something weed can only help, anyone that doubts that people can be successful while smoking lots of pot simply doesn't know the facts, but there's plenty out there who have done it. Probably a lot more potheads have not, though.

16. lol i respect you so much for including black

17. "Future doctor" seems a bit dubious. I mean, obviously no one going into any discipline is thinking they're going to drop out or not succeed, but yet there are always those who fail. To be so sure of yourself (I'm not sure of the success rate of your field) seems kinda irrational.

18. I was lazy before I started smoking. Believe me, cannabis has made me see everything in a better light. I'm trying to change, but I still don't see where I'm going. I'll have my Associates in PC Support by January. Hopefully I can land a decent job while I work on a degree in either video or audio production.

Keep doing what you're doing, brotha. Race and background mean nothing(or shouldn't anyway). All that matters is what you see now.

19. I wasn't trying to hate. These are all excellent accomplishments, but they all are merely stepping stones to stepping out into the real world and working for a large corporation or even starting your own private practice.

If you think school and studying the material is stressful, try paying for 2 lawsuits at one time that threaten not only your practice but also your way of life (license revocation), all while trying to convince your hysterical (and pregnant) wife that you're not going to lose your brand-new home. Those are the kinds of situations that life throws at you, which are far less predictable than wake/eat/study/sleep/repeat. And even reading this, it is merely words on a screen to you. It means nothing to you, and won't...until you experience it.

This is also why parents laugh uncontrollably at you when you get older...when you realize they were right about a lot of shit.

It's rather impossible to explain the perspective of a roller coaster ride to someone who has never ridden one. Same goes for the roller coaster that is life. :wave:

20. [quote name='"tokinITguy"']

I wasn't trying to hate. These are all excellent accomplishments, but they all are merely stepping stones to stepping out into the real world and working for a large corporation or even starting your own private practice.

If you think school and studying the material is stressful, try paying for 2 lawsuits at one time that threaten not only your practice but also your way of life (license revocation), all while trying to convince your hysterical (and pregnant) wife that you're not going to lose your brand-new home. Those are the kinds of situations that life throws at you, which are far less predictable than wake/eat/study/sleep/repeat. And even reading this, it is merely words on a screen to you. It means nothing to you, and won't...until you experience it.

This is also why parents laugh uncontrollably at you when you get older...when you realize they were right about a lot of shit.

It's rather impossible to explain the perspective of a roller coaster ride to someone who has never ridden one. Same goes for the roller coaster that is life. :wave:[/quote]

Well put sir