high pressure / atomized air tutorial

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by OG*, May 20, 2012.

1. does any one know of a tutorial that that explains how to build a high pressure or high pressure atomized air system?
    I've read through countless pages and pages of high pressure grows but no guides with actual how to build steps / pics that are within the first 20 pages :eek:

2. There is enough information out there but no step by step tuts because every setup is unique to some degree. If you have a basic understanding of the components and how to set them up its not too difficult.
    If you cut corners to make it easier/cheaper you should consider doing something different.

3. thanks for the reply, I don't want to cut corners but I'm just not sure how to assemble it
    here the basic items i need but don't know how to put it together i don't want $1000 worth of equipment sitting around collecting dust
    Pump
    Accumulator
    Pressure Switch
    Pressure gauge
    Pressure Regulating Valve w/ pressure gauge
    Pressure release safety valve
    John guest Tubing 1/4
    Timer/base
    Solenoids
    Nozzles
    I get the basic design of it... but to give an example I understand the basics of an a/c unit but i would not be able to assemble one given all the parts

4. #4 geoaero, May 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2012
    There are a few ways to do it, depends how large your setup is and if you plan to be away from the grow for any length of time. Your hardware list is geared for a fully automatic system, if you visit your growroom daily you could opt to simplify things a little (less setting up involved) and go for semi automatic.

Plumbing in the various bits and pieces is pretty straightforward, the main line runs from the accumulator to the solenoid and everything else (pump,pressure switch, relief valve etc) tee`s off the main line.
    The only exception is the pressure regulator which goes into the main line just before the solenoid. (set the regulator to the desired misting pressure)

Setting up begins with the pressure switch, you need to set the pumps cut-in and cut-out points.
    Setting up the accumulator involves pumping compressed air into it (technical term is air precharge) until its 2psi below the cut-in pressure on your switch. You can use a car tire foot pump or a compressor for this.

The relief valve is vital for safety, you set it above your switch cut-out pressure and ideally less than the maximum working pressure of your accumulator.

The semi automatic route involves manually charging the tank with the pump and then unplugging/removing it. The larger your accumulator the less often you`ll need to fill it so dont buy a small one :)
    Settting up is simplified as you can set the air precharge to the minimum pressure you want the system to run at. You dont need the pressure switch or relief valve if you are watching the pressure gauge ready to turn the pump off when the tank reaches the desired pressure.
    If theres the slightest chance of someone turning the pump on by accident (or you being distracted during the filling process) fit a relief valve for safety sakes.

Hope that helps