High PH, leaves curling and drooping

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by colorado420guy, Feb 12, 2013.

1. #1 colorado420guy, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2013
    Hello everyone.
    New to the site and new to growing.
    Right now I am growing a Bruce Banner clone. It is about 15in. tall. I am having a problem with the PH levels... I can't seem to get them below 8. I made the mistake of using tap water until I found out that the PH levels in tap h2o can kill my plant. Right now, assuming that my meter is correct, the PH levels are close to 8!!! I also had a problem with over-watering my plant in the beginning and I am being cautious with my watering habits.
    I am using a 105 watt cfl in a spare shower and this is the only plant I am currently growing. I can use all of the advise you folks can give me... e.g. when to start flowering, which CFL would be best for flowering, how to STOP the leaves from curling like they are, how to lower my PH levels.

I almost forgot to mention the soil... I am using a mix of Miracle Grow potting soil and soil I bought from a local dirt farmer (no... this is not a joke...lol). the pot I have the plant in does not allow me to see the roots but I am assuming they are healthy since the plant has grown over an inch in the past few days.

Attached Files:

2. yeah, the miracle grow soil is your problem. Livin in colorado u should be able to find a good hydro shop next door. I use tap water with every water and have for years. I just let it sit over night for the chlorine to evap with no probs ever. she's gonna at least double in size when you flip her to flower so take that in mind. Best way to fix is to wait till she's dry and flush her with a few gallons of water. The more the better.

3. Thanks for the advise! It's getting pretty dry now so i might try flushing it tomorrow....

4. I was able to to use a small amount of red wine vinegar, I think it was one tsp/ gallon to bring down my PH - might want to check that out. PH correct the water you're going to flush with since you say it's too high or buy bottled water, I guess - I'd PH check that sh!t, too.