High in a Hemlock

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by ConiferCannabis, May 20, 2010.

1. #61 alien_124, Aug 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2010
    glad to see it bounce back from trimming
    I agree lack of direct light seems to be against you
    nice update

2. #62 ConiferCannabis, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2010
    Thanks Alien. I made a small dent in the canopy today, but its pretty much outa reach where it's blocking. I'd say there's about a 10 foot long by 7 foot wide opening in the canopy directly over my plant. and thin canopy around the rest of it with patched holes of various sizes.

still haven't started flowering. you would think with the lack of light she would have started a while ago. on a positive note though she is looking a lot bigger. I hadn't checked on her since last thursday

3. #63 ConiferCannabis, Aug 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2010
    I looked all over for puravida bloom, but the 2 hydro store within biking distance of my house and the garden stores around were all either sold out or simply didn't carry it. I checked out this new hydro store that just opened. gonna take advantage of their grand opening sales to get my cabinet set up. I ended up going with BioThrive Bloom "vegan plant food" 2-4-4
    [​IMG]
    "Derived from: alfalfa meal, cane sugar, copper sulphate, glacial rock powder, iron sulphate, molasses, plant extracts, potassium sulphate, rock phosphate, sodium borate, sodium molybdenate, soybean meal, and zinc sulphate.
    Also contains Non-Plant food ingrdients: 2% seaweed derived from ascophyllum nodosum and Laminaria difitata and 0.2% humic acids derived from loenardite "

I gave her some of that today and also finally started flowering!!!! :yay::yay:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

She's grown a lot in the last 4 days since i was out there. Well not too much vertically. maybe like 7-8 inches. As far as filling out though she's getting nice and full finally. It pains me to think how wonderfully she'd be doing if i hadn't butchered her a while back. Next season will be so dank. no doubt.

4. glad to see her finally flowering :D

5. I spent my last 20 bucks for the week on that fertilizer and now I can't afford any weed. :cry::mad: I can't wait for harvest. It'll be nice while my crop lasts to have all that extra cash i woulda spent on nugs

6. #66 ConiferCannabis, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2010
    would it be a bad idea to tie some of my branches down now that flowering has started? or am i still in the clear to try and expose some of the lower bud sights? :confused: I know i said i wasn't gonna do pics for a bit, but as a reference to answer my question above...heres what she looked like this morning

Day # 144
    Flowering Day # 4

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just wanna fully take advantage of the sun while it lasts. It's been starting to feel/smell like fall at night here lately. On the bright side though, the weather looks great for the next week.

[​IMG]

I feel that through my many mistakes I've learned how to grow fairly well now and I'm confident if i put plants in the ground next year they'll be monsters.

7. So no one responded to my tie-down question so I just went ahead and did it anyway. I tied everything down out and away from the other branches so now every node is exposed. I'll snap a pic when I go water on friday. I was gonna take one tonight, but it'll look nicer in a couple days once everything is growing up towards the sun again .

I still cant afford weed and I scraped all my resin yesterday. To top it all off a friend was over today with her black lab and he decided to chase after my cat. This resulted in a beer bottle being sent flying towards our house bong. Which obviously had to brake it. So lame. So disappointed.

[​IMG]
    Our wall's look barren because we're moving. don't judge
    [​IMG]

8. sorry to see the bong damage
    I think the tie down will be fine
    nice pics up in the tree that is :D

9. thanks for keepin tabs on my posts and always stopping by alien. i mean ultimately this grow is for me. i know. selfish. but still its nice to see at least a couple people keepin up with my journal posts. i think once she grows into her new tied down set up she'll be looking really really good.

10. Went to give her some water this morning. She's gone from needing every 3-4 days to every other day now. Too many people are out on the their morning walks in and around my woods I'm gonna start watering at night. well more like right after dusk.

On a positive note post tying down all the growth is facing back up towards the sun. Tying those branches down exposed 4 new node sights. So now I'll have a bout 13 locations of vertical growth.

I've been giving her 3/4's the max dosage biothrive bloom as well as 1/2 the dosage of desert bat guano. Does anyone know of some cheap things i can add to my fert solution to help promote bigger buds. I cant afford the 60 dollar big bud biothrive addition. I cant even afford weed or food this week. Luckily i work at a restaurant i guess. Mostly I'm just worried about having big buds because i'm not getting optimum sunlight. My roommates blueberry didn't get enough sun last year and his nugs we very scraggly and small

11. What a drag about the bong....I'd be in tears....but your plant looks good.....can't wait to see your first cab grow....

12. Just curious, how do you get up and down the tree?

13. Hazey: dude i was so confused when it happened. the bong was right by my feet when it broke and all of a sudden my feet were all wet. it didnt even register in my brain that it coulda been the bong that spilt for a couple minutes cause i was stoned. i just thought it was one of the many wounded soldiers that get left around my house but was sadly shocked when i realized what i was moping up didnt smell like beer. A new ones gonna be blown sometime by a buddy of mine so it'll be custom and nice and fresh. just in time for my new place im moving into on monday. and get this the kid who used to live there asked me if it was ok if he left this bad ass antique lookin cabinet because he didnt want to go through the hassle of moving it. Score!

Sgt: I climb it dude :laughing:

Pic updates most likely tomorrow morning when i get back from watering

14. #74 ConiferCannabis, Aug 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2010
    Day: 154 (Flowering Day: 14)

[​IMG]

That isn't yellowing. It's like 7am and the sun is shining at a weird angle through the trees

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm stoked my flowers are finally starting to take the dank nug form.

15. The fact your growing in a tree is amazing..I check in on your grow at least once a week, or whenever its updated

16. hey man nice grow, the thing that let me down in my tree grow was the uncontrollable growth of the tree higher up than my pot, look out for that and good move on tying her down looks mad cuz good luck ! subd

17. skiballer: Haha its really no more amazing than growing on the ground. Climbin trees just adds to the fun of it. Glad you've been diggin it man. cant wait for harvest time!

GLEMZIE NICE! Another tree-top flyer. I took care of any growth from the tree im growing in by cutting off all the top branches with a saw. I left a little scraggly one in case i need something catch my balance on when im standing with my plant at my feet. The thing that sucks is the uncontrollable and unreachable growth of the taller trees around my tree. How did your harvest turn out and how much soil did you use?

18. Ha your a redhot fellow climbing that high up to saw those branches off ! and keep that sraggled branch youll need it...i straped up a pot with like a quarter bag of dirt in it with rope were a sturdy V shaped branch was and wedged the pot in the middle of the v tight then tied it up it was flawless through wind's and storm's but in the end growth was majorly stunted. we tried to bring her indoor and she turned hermie also had cliff grow experience's. GC need's more dare devils !!!!!!!! pece

19. Man sawing the branches off in my tree was a breeze. Sawing the branches off of the surrounding trees at night with my pole saw was the real challenge.

A cliff grow is such a sick idea. Especially if it were on a face that you set your own route on. Just take your clips with you when your done and make sure its not on a popular climbing face. I smell potential for next years outdoor. Watering would be the ultimate bitch though. Probably have to climb up then pull the water up with a rope or something.

20. nice to see you got a free cabinet free is always good
    nice updates as always
    cant wait to see her in all her glory:smoking: