I took 1ft^3 organic soil and wrapped it up in a 2 black industrial contracter bags. Then I secured it at the top of a 50ft Eastern Hemlock (Image 1). I took seeds from a hermi bag I bought (image 2) and germated them in a mixture of water & organic menopause capsules. I read somewhere that this can help promote females and figured either way it was a safe bet. I took 6 of the germinated seeds and placed them in the kitchen window to grow. On 4/20 I thought it was only appropriate that I move one of my plants outside. Sadly it was too young of a plant (image 3) and it dropped below freezing several times throughout the rest of April. Fortuately I had five spares in the window still. I moved another one out there a week ago and other than some initial wind damage that was resolved with a forked stick things seem to be going pretty well. Hopefully the hole I cut in the bags is big enough to allow sufficient rain water gathering. It rained all day yesterday and as of this morning everything seems to be doing fine (image 4). Image 1: The hemp is wrapped around the bag to keep the soil compact. The green cable is attatching the bag to the tree. Image 2: The leaf looking thing in the upper right is a hollow crystaly shell from which i removed one of the seeds Image 3: This is the one that was too small and died Image 4: The brown fuzzy thing on the stick is a pipe cleaner. I was thinking that it would be a better method of attatchment than rope because it is less abrasive for the plant to rub up on during heavy winds.