High in a Hemlock

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by ConiferCannabis, May 20, 2010.

1. Haha man I'll tell ya when I was like 6 I could climb trees like a champ. Glad to see that your super cropping technique is working. I assume that method is to get side growth going and good plan on getting neem oil keep those pests away. You definitely don't have to worry about deer like I do.

2. i've gotta try and pump out the side growth. I don't know that I would really be able to access her top if she got real tall. I think once it gets another 6 inches taller or so I'm gonna tie her down to another pole. I just want her to be real bushy. I'm gonna neem oil it up tomorrow and then not check on her for a couple days. The weather for the next 2 weeks is sun for 3 days rain for 2 days and then repeat. Love it when nature makes life easy on me. Not that I don't like the climb it just gets old sometimes.

3. Yeah nature is awesome, over here on the east cost we are having what looks like is gonna be a week of straight sun and hot weather. Dude more side growth better yield so pump the side growth out man. How tall is she getting now?

4. I'm about as east coast as it gets man. Not terribly far from Quaddy Head State park the eastern most point in the country. You can't beat towns with populations of like 400 haha. We've had amazing rain patterns in my neck of the woods. All of my branches have grown upwards 2-3 inches. One of the sets of leaves on my 2 new cola's from when i topped is all weird and roundish kinda looks like its half of a weed leaf and half a basal plant. I'll try and get some pics when I neem oil tomorrow.

5. Looks to be beautiful out there man. Some good smoke spots im sure I love smoking and exploring in my woods. Im near the Chesapeake Bay some awesome woods right behind my house.I had the same problem with one of my plants I topped except 2 new colas were not formed. I just have a set of weird looking leaves, but the newest set looks normal.

6. thats epic bro,:hello: how much soil you got in that bag?
    best of luck to ya i hope it turns out for you:smoking:

7. This, my friend, is damn entertaining. Best of luck, you are gonna need it, but your determination just may outweigh the odds against you bro. +rep

8. Accidentally slept till 1 today probably gonna wait till it gets darker this evening to go get rid of my pests.

Smokin in the woods is where it's at man. I pee'd in the woods off some road nearish chesapeake bay once, but thats about the extent of my exploring down there. It was nice though for the brief piss I was there.

Thanks Topsy! I've got a little more than a cubic foot of soil in there. I wish I had more and had positioned it in my bag a little differently, but oh well. I'm really hoping for a good outcome, but if it doesn't happen I know next seasons will be way better now that i've gotten alot of my noob mistakes outa the way. Love your grow and the cat pics haha! my cat took out two of my seedlings when i was sprouting them in my window. Hopefully one day when I'm not an unemployed hippy I can drop the cash on one of those sick lights too.

Thanks Pork! Hopefully once I get these pest under control there wont be too many more odds against me. I'm not too worried I guess though. I've got all the time in the world to dedicate to any problems that might arise. Best wishes on the pork-o-palooza! haha 3rd season's the charm right

9. #29 ConiferCannabis, Jun 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2010
    So my soil and fertilizers are organic. I was in paris farmers union looking at the neem oil and it said "made with all natural products". Not a terrible product, but definitely not organic. So i decided to go with Veggie Pharm Organic Insecticidal Soap. It's made with organic soap, peppermint oil, and soybean oil. The only way to describe the smell is to imagine taking a whiff of menthol ciggs mixed with pickle juice and mustard. I sprayed it lightly on my plant and then gave a thick coat to the surrounding tree branches and all of the branches within a 6ft radius below my soil. I also put a heavy coat on the bottom and outer rim of my soil bag to discourage any of the ants ive been seeing from snooping around.

[​IMG]

Please tell me these aren't male presigns!?? :confused: I'm thinkin shes a female
    [​IMG]

The weird basal leaf I was talking about is in the center of this picture

[​IMG]

I stood up on my bag of soil to get this one. It was kinda sketch cause it was windy, but kinda cool at the same time.

[​IMG]

and then again from the side

[​IMG]

10. I didn't bother to post pictures of my plants in my window, the little pots i had them in, the day they cracked germinating, or the the day the popped out of the soil, but that doesn't mean i don't have them. I was wondering how many days old my plant was and was bummed that i didn't mark the day i started on my calender. So i went back and looked at those pictures and checked the dates in the info section. My plant sprouted out of the soil on March 25 and remained in my window until weather permitted in early May . That puts her at about 90 days old. Does my plant seem kinda small for being that old?

11. So there are some mushrooms growing out of the tiny exposed part of my soil? is this a bad thing. i picked them. applied more veggie pharm and covered the exposed soil. If anything they're stealing nutrients away from my plant right?

12. lots of potting soil's have mushroom compost... so i think that might be the case...

13. Just a thought I was having the other day... You should expose some of the soil where it touches the tree, and scar the tree heavily with something , and If you see roots showing in the dirt, put some rooting compound on it and put them in the wounds on the tree, hoping for a graft ! Or just scar the tree and then pack the soil tight , hoping the roots will grow into it and contact the damaged tree and graft that way... But I have heard of grafting MJ to Hops etc , but i dont think people screw around with experiments much on it... But you could easily do what I mentioned without fear of harming your plant ....

just something to mull over !

Im super baked to..... :smoke::smoke::smoke:

Anyways, Ill be watching, good luck on your grow, and dont fall out of the tree :p:smoke:

14. Wow i really like the creativity of this grow. Makes me wish i was growing in a tree.

15. #35 ConiferCannabis, Jun 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2010
    hahah grafting would be sick! i could pioneer some hemlock grafted nugs. my soils not touching the main trunk enough, but thats something i'm gonna do some research on and seriously consider for next years crop.

thanks 386. you totally should grow in one.

Just a warning to anyone considering using the veggie pharm spray. Don't go heavy directly on you're plant you'll get some rust coloring on your leaves. Not sure if its a burn or if its just the dried orange color form the spray, but ive got yellowing and slight curling on the edges of a couple leaves. I sprayed the plant down with water to try and wash some of the veggie pharm off and trimmed the dead curled parts off the leaves. any other tips or possible causes for my leaf problems. I also gave it a really low concentration of fert the day i sprayed the bug repellant on there so maybe thats it.

16. #36 ConiferCannabis, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2010
    My dad borrowed my camera and I probably wont get it back for a bit. But here's a shitty quality cell phone snap. Right after I took this I super-cropped 3 of the taller branches to try and pump out those lower ones.
    [​IMG]

17. #37 ConiferCannabis, Jul 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2010
    the two cola's i super cropped down were wayy droopy when i went to check on them. i think the wind weakened them to much at the bend. I put a bamboo stick horizontally under them to prop them back up. Do you guys think they'll bounce back now that they're properly supported? Also happy 100 days old! She's doin good. the picture above is from right after i attached the horizontal bamboo stick for support. I replaced the original cell phone shot with a different because it sucked.

18. haha the two weak ones bounced back wonderfully and now there are little nodes starting at the bends. That'll put me at about six cola's all evenly spaced and growing vertically at about the same height. I'm hoping with some more training I get get that number up to 10. :D my roommate got ripped off on a 60 dollar bag tonight. shit was worth 40 at best shitty chemically tasting hydro. pisses me off that bags go for that much and that people cant take pride in their plants and would grow such shitty bud, but it also makes me all the more stoked for the inevitable harvest time. :smoke:

19. #39 ConiferCannabis, Jul 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2010
    Ok. So, I haven't had a camera in a while, but I found my roommates so here it is. Don't judge me on the droop-age. I just was visiting my family for a while and couldn't make the hour treck to go water her near my apartment. Usually we have a bit of rain at-least once a week here so I assumed that trend would continue. Sadly, it did not and she didn't get any water for 5 days. I thought by now some of my kola's woulda have caught up with the other main ones, but i guess 4 main ones is better than one.

heres an arial view. I think shes filling out nicely :D
    [​IMG]

my leaves aren't as big as I would like, but maybe that has to do with my strain and not my growing techniques. :confused: good luck tracing my wrist tatt back to me :smoke:
    [​IMG]

some of my first fan leaves got damaged by the veggie pharm. I talked about it in an earlier post. I had trimmed off the burnt/curling with scissors, but the leaves are still dying. any tips? or is this a problem??
    [​IMG]

In a month I have to move home with my rents for a couple months to save some money to get a new place. I'm thinking im gonna use a big ass wine bottle and a plant nanny watering stake. I'll just come down once a week to check it and refill it/give her some phosphorus. Do you guys think that'll work or does anyone have any experience using these?
    [​IMG]

20. #40 Topsy Kretts, Jul 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2010
    plus rep for the pink elephant tattoo forsure :D:hello:

i'm going to look into that bottle idea...
    i would think it would keep the plant from dying but sence it only waters that one spot...the roots on the other side of the bag would get screwed .... maybe two at a time?
    ill let chew know if i find any good ideas...:wave: