Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

High Heart Rate While High

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Fodolo, Apr 23, 2016.

1. I just wanted to post this again and see if I get different responses from people.

Every time I get really high or stoned my heart rate goes around 140-160. But that's at my peak high. As the day goes on and as I loose my high, my heart rate goes back to normal.

I have gotten done an EKG and the results were normal. I also wore a heart monitor for 24 hours and the results were normal from that.

A side note. Before I smoke I get mini panic attacks ( I have anxiety). So does my anxiety play into the high heart rate while I'm high.

Even when I'm focused on something else it's still high. So I'm not sure what it is.

1. I try breathing excersises
    2. I drink a lot of water
    3. And I eat before and usually while I'm high

Final question, is this Normal or ok? And do you think my anxiety plays onto it? Thanks so much

2. I think that it should be okay. As long as you're okay with it, I don't think it will cause a health issue. One of the "side effects" of cannabis is increased heart rate, so I think that's normal, nothing to be worried about. My guess is that the high heart rate is a natural side effect and maybe he anticipation of it may cause anxiety and make it worse/cause you to zero in on it and focus on it, making it seem worse than it is.
    The only thing I'd suggest is breathing exercises but since you already do those, I think you're doing everything right. I usually breathe out 2x as many counts as I breathe in which slows down my heart when I'm having anxiety.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Yep, increased heart rate happens when you get really stoned. It happens when I get really stoned, anyway. Smoke less. FWIW, this is common, but if you have an existing heart problem speak to your doctor.

4. weed makes your heart rate elevate

5. I think you already told yourself you have anxiety. You must believe it if you are confirming your own question of anxiety. Some symptoms of anxiety include, but are not limited to: elevated heart rate, shortness of breath, sweating, nervousness, paranoia, and even sketchiness.

6. Thank you for all of the replies. Means a lot

7. I think it may be strain dependent as well. Some strains definitely make my heart race faster than others, and my friend packed me a bowl the other day after insisting his bud gave him palpitations, and indeed after taking a hit I felt pretty fucked up for about five minutes in terms of both breathing and heart functionizzling.

8. Tachycardia is a side effect along with anxiety. Maybe try and avoid sativa or high thc concentrates?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app