Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

High Concentration CBD Oil For Cancer Treatment

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by TreeSmokersOnly, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Hey guys, new to the board, not new to marijuana... so here is the rundown.

My gf, who had a brain tumor successfully treated 8 years ago (when she was 22), got some terrible new recently and the tumor has reappeared. She just got a CT Scan done the other night and has her doctors appointment tomorrow to know exactly what stage and type of tumor it is.

She is scared to death of going through more chemo/radiation therapy so we have been researching holistic methods. After reading a lot of promising clinical data, lab tests and tons of testimonials, I figure it is well worth the gamble.

After looking at a lot of reviews and lab tests, decided to go with RSHO. This actually HAS THC in it, just under 1%, so it can be sold legally.
    \t
    Single Three (3) Gram <span style="color:inherit;">18% Gold Decarboxylated and Filtered Tube</span> 
    Of course, we will be having her do the 60g in 90 days Rick Simpson method.

So I have a few questions that I wasn't able to get answered exactly in my research:

1) I know Rick Simpson Oil is actually made from marijuana, not hemp plants, and has a high concentration of THC... does that mean she would need to ingest additional THC on top of the CBD Hemp Oil she will be taking? Can she just smoke or eat edibles/wax?

2) Does anyone personally know someone who has successfully beaten cancer with only Cannibinoids/THC?

3) What is this I hear about CBD concentration increasing with heating? Should we heat the oil before it's ingested to get a stronger effect?

4) RSHO seems to be backed by a lot of organizations and has lab tests to support their claims, but how do they stack up in terms of potency and cost effectiveness of other QUALITY CBD Oils on the market?

Thanks all.

2. Anybody?

Also, is RSO oil with high THC concentrate necessary, considering that almost all the studies link CBD as a much more potent and proven for it's cancer killing and other therapeutic effects?

3. Hello,
    You ask some good questions. I personally would not use RSHO because they gouge price-wise and it's not even made from marijuana. I have been juicing for 8 months and it's almost put my RA into full remission and it is just random leaf...not even high CBD yet. But my husband and I are starting a caregiving business in Northern Maine and we're offering high CBD juice from the bud and leaf (go to amazon and get "Juicing Cannabis for Healing" book to learn more-I wrote it) and we were going to make RSO for patients (we can help only 10 at a time...plants won't be ready until probably end of March) but I think we found a better way. There's a free download you can get about how to make a cold extraction here: http://www.epsilonresearch.org/#!free-guide. I haven't tried this yet but it seems the better way to go. So check it out. Good luck! I hope your girlfriend heals quickly. Juicing has been shown to eliminate cancer, too. You're on the right track seeking this ancient healing plant. If you still need help with the medicine by the end of March or April and if you don't mind coming to No. Maine and staying here until she heals, we may be able to help her, if we still have spots available by then. But you all can do this on your own, too. Seems like you are good at research and pretty smart so you can grow your own or buy the starting material and make the medicine yourself. As far as juicing, a lot of growers in mmj states will just give the leaf away for free (or a nominal fee to bag it up) because they usually just toss it out. So that could be an affordable way to start. But you won't get high CBD leaf or bud to start, most likely.

Katie

4. So is the RSHO useless then?

I am confused because a lot of the research I have done shows that CBD has a lot of anti-tumor properites, yet many people say a high THC concentrate is absolutely needed?

5. I think it will be trial and error to figure put what works best for your GF but it seems you can get your hands on a high CBD oil id give it a shot and see what happens. how did her dr appt go today?

6. I would not trust it with my health and cbd has not really been shown to treat cancers that I know of. because it has been referenced to use 20% or higher thc strains to make the essential oil from, those type ""high"" thc strains have been shown to treat it and cbd percent did not matter at all in those results. acquire a high thc strain for the oil but keep the cbd oil in case the thc is to strong in the beginning and use the cbd oil for calming down but not to much to override the thc strength and effects

I'm in CA, it's about 3 right now, her appointment is in half an hour... she is going with her cousin, didn't want me to go in case they gave her news that might make her break down. I will find out more later.

On a positive note, I spoke with her earlier and she did tell me that someone in her family is good friends with a person that has a weed farm. I'm gonna forward her all the recipes, instruction and data regarding RSO and the lab tests/clinical studies that support THC/CBD concentrates in cancer treatment to pass on to the person helping us, she sounds confident we can get her some in this manner.

But let's say WORST case scenario... we can't get/make RSO. Can i combine high quality CBD Oil with decarboxylated Hash Oil to get a similar effect?

At the end of the day, what just matters is that the patient is ingesting ~1g of a combination of high concentrates of CBD and THC... correct? Hash oil is a lot more common of course and easier to get my hands on.

And if someone can do a "Decarboxylation for Dummies" that would be cool. Is it as simple as put hash oil in an open container, prepare an oil bath to 240 degrees and let it sit until it bubbles and take it out when bubbles become close to stopping? Or am I missing something?

8. Chemo is the most effective treatment. Marijuana does not cure cancer. The marijuana helps with symptoms and recovery from cancer. If you care for her, let her know what works and you job is to coach her into being less scared because she knows will be there with her, scared as well.

if you want to hear what you want to hear then my advice is not going to help.

9. Here is some of the stuff I found... I probably jumped the gun on ordering CBD so quickly, but we had a real scary night the other night, she got a real intense headache all day, was feeling weak and confused, and had to take her to the ER... so naturally that caused a level of panic and felt I had to do something ASAP.

But here is what I found on CBD alone:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18025276

http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/308/3/838.abstract

Nevertheless, what I'm reading is that CBD works waaaaay better in conjunction with THC.

So... if somebody can answer my questions regarding combining CBD oil + Decarbed BHO as a substitute for RSO, I would greatly appreciate it.

Also the question I had about decarboxylation for BHO.

It's not about "hearing what I want to hear", its about getting the FACTS straight and making an educated decision based on that.

If her doctor tells her its at a stage where emergency surgery or chemo is needed ASAP, then, well, the fact is that there prob wont be time for a 90 day treatment of RSO.

It's one thing to dismiss a couple jackass yahoo's making crazy claims on youtube... it's a completely different thing to dismiss overwhelming clinical studies and lab tests - done by Universities, reputable doctors and legit medical jouranls with references. And that's not even taking into consideration the countless number of people who legitimately been diagnosed with cancer and are cancer free or showed dramatic reduction in tumor sizes.

It's kinda crazy to just blindly trust the medical industry- many doctors simply go through the motions to get through medical school and land the job they want, then parrot information throughout their careers, much of which may be outdated. Not to mention that pharmaceuticals only mask the pain, they don't fix the problem.

Kinda ridiculous to assume that just because the masses are skeptic of something that the facts, countless real life success stories and rock hard evidence behind it is false.

11. im kinda lost as to why you would mix CBD oil with BHO its much more simple to just make RSO but since you are in CA if you are close to the bay area id suggest looking up BPG (Berkeley Patinents Group) they help people that can not afford to buy flowers and id look into a 1:1 flower but thats just me.

12. Start here. You are gathering facts, one fact remains that people will gravitate to solutions that best suits them. read the link, take your time. As a global society we have learned that science helps us live longer. the last time we lived holistically or naturally we only lived to about 45ish. think about that. If you care about her, you will NOT think marijuana or any part of it cures cancer, period. Pharmaceuticals mask pain, yes. got me on that one, LOL!

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/medical-marijuana-as-the-new-herbalism-part-2-cannabis-does-not-cure-cancer/

if you care about her I gave you the one holistic thing known to be of any good, let her know you will be by her side. read the article and do not waste a minute on some Rick Simpson Snake Oil BS. You will being doing nothing less than killing her. Now, on a good note the properties in marijuana can help her deal with chemo, known to kill cancer cells. The tough part is to find them all to kill. good luck and take care of your woman, do not play with her life.

13. Personally.....I would go through with the chemo AND start a regimen of high cbd low thc ( notice: NOT NO THC) raw cannabis paste from organic sources....the last thing she is going to need is to fight a cancer, the effects of chemo AND carcinogens from extraction methods....check out RAW CANNABIS PASTE, whether carboxylized or not. Once in oil form, cooking it wont do much but lose a lot of terpines and other cannabinoids....Cancer survival rates have been steadily improving in recent yesrs and a big reason for that is the chemo has gotten more effective......Do the chemo AND the cannabis paste.

14. any update on youre gf's health?

15. #15 ProGMOII, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
    Show me the studies but not just the links. I want you to analyze the peer reviews, conclusions but you must understand the abstract first. then comment in your own words what the results are.

Also where did Rick Simpson get his Chemistry degree? I have to start with him proving his claims, sort of like the religious people. the onus of proof is on them. But if you come back I will have you read some real science and not some cosmic debris that a charlatan is feeding you.

16. #16 dekabos, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015

You're the one coming onto a cannabis forum with attitudes and "facts" that to most of us seem hilariously naive. Do you even use cannabis? It seems like most (all that I've ever seen) of your posts around here are about how not-so-great it is. Makes a blade wonder why you're active here.

The fact is that someone could unpack any one of a thousand or more cases where someone has used cannabis successfully to treat their condition (yes, even cancer, and no, not just for the symptoms, a full treatment, which would include diet and lifestyle changes) but it would remain anecdotal and you would have yourself a great laugh about how unsubstantiated people's trust in cannabis is simply because it hasn't gotten a fair shot in modern science due to political red tape.

Go have a round of chemo for yourself if you're such a big damn fan. Hell, have one on me.

17.  Show me the evidence is all I am saying.

When I get cancer it will be an viable option. No one I love would be told to rub oil on their cancer site for 90 days, LOL! All you will do is end up with oily skin.

18. #18 dekabos, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015

Yeah, because that's /totally/ what people are recommending as a serious cancer treatment.

Like I said before, what folks are arguing in favor of and reporting success with is a complete regimen of edible oil doses, certainly topical doses if possible, but also serious dietary changes. That doesn't matter to you though, which is why I won't go to the trouble of analyzing studies that are fairly self-explanatory for you. No matter what anyone might present, you have your straw man concept of medical cannabis to giggle over. So please, spare those of us who are here because we're serious about the plant's potential from your piercingly unwelcome insight.

19. So an appeal of emotion on your part is still no evidence, none, nothing. Straw man? Really? You do not have any studies that shows cannabis does anything about curing cancer. The one promising research on mice amounts to you have to intake the THC equivalent to 1000 joints a day to shrink a particular cancer, one that is common to mice and has had signs of self shrinking. 

If anyone tells a patient that has a tumor to use cannabis oil in measure to treat it and as the only treatment, they should be held responsible for their death, pain, and suffering. Starting with Rick Simpson. When someone dies using his stuff, he blames them not using it right, LOL Snake Oil salesmen fool people all the time and weed attracts its share.

20. #20 dekabos, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015

Pearls before swine, dude. I'm not providing you with something anyone could find for themselves with a minute on Google and then analyzing it for you when you have a very clear agenda of your own. (Who joins a ganja forum naming themselves ProGMO and spends all their time arguing about how bad weed and stoners are?)

Seriously, why /are/ you here?