Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

High and in a bad mood?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by winstonj613, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Heyas, I have only been smoking about a month now, and a few days ago I was nice and high, but I was getting bummed out. It's like where usually I get high and my problems weren't as serious and I was able to see solutions to them, or just feeling really relaxed and in a good mood, I was bummed out. I had some shit on my mind that seemed, not really unsolvable, but too much to deal with and instead of putting them aside I was really down about them.

So I took a few days off, and was feeling good, glad for the pause and took a nice hit earlier and am feeling good. The bummed feeling is around a bit, but mostly it's all enjoyable :)

Anyway, does this happen to anyone else, or often?

Appreciate any comments.

2. Marijuana must work differently with different people. I have never gotten high to put my problems aside. If I have stressful or difficult issues I need to address, I avoid getting high until I take care of it. Otherwise, same as what happened to you, I get bummed....or anxious, confused, whatever, I just seem to dwell on it when high and it bothers me more.

3. I get pissed when high all the time. Although i'm high about 60-80% of my waking hours so thats probably why. And if im in a bad mood, weed will not put me in a good mood. just make my bad mood feel slightly different or maybe a bit less bad. but not better

4. same with me. when im high i over analyze my entire life and all of my problems and i dwell on them. when im sober im more like "fuck it ill get around to fixing my problems slowly but surely". i feel like in order to enjoy psychedelics even mild ones like weed you need to be very happy with your life and not have many problems, or you just need to not have a conscience lol.

i never got when some ppl say weed makes them forget about their problems. certainly doesnt work that way for me. but weed can definitely take away my anger thats for sure. try it next time your wicked pissed. smoke and you def wont be mad anymore.

5. @Grandma Gudenhi, and dubweiser: Im not smoking to avoid problems, I meant to say that when I was high I realized that some problems that were on my mind weren't as a big a deal as I realized (I mean a break up, and being bummed out about some foolish stuff), and that realization stayed with me when my head was clear. It was just that one time, that the effect was reversed, and I was bummed out by them again. That only lasted that one night, so it was probably just I was in a bad mood again, and it chilled out on it's own.

6. ok, I know what you mean now. Sometimes when I'm high I do dwell on bummed stuff. That's probably why pot isn't so good for "drinking your problems away." That's why I always find it confusing when people think stoners are just hiding from their troubles, like alcoholics. Smoking pot has never worked that way for me :smoke:. Although it does make me realize just how little the little stuff is.

7. Yeah, I kind of had that preconception too before recently, but I don't think, and I hope, I was ever a dick about it. I was never a fan of the idea of using booze or grass as an escape from shit that's going to be there anyway. It is funny how the little things can get up in your face sometimes and seem bigger than they are.

8. I never get angry when im high unless someone really annoys me.. I had a buddy who used to rap to the TV and i'd get mad angry fast cause he was just straight annoying about it... Other than people being annoying, i dont really get angry. Might just be you :p but then again ive been smokin for awhile now.