High alkaline in soil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Newbudspud, Mar 27, 2017.

1. I have high ph levels in my soil. I've flushed a couple times now and lowered the hp in the water when feeding. I believe I mixed to much manure in my growing pot. Stock and stems are turning purplish red. Any ideas for new grower?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Total flush is a great place to start....adding sulfer will assist in lowering PH....if u can catch rain water it will also lower ur PH as well...bad thing about rain water is it doesn't have as many trace elements as tap water does, so you have to give it proper nutes to balance that out....

3. Ok cool. I have a pond In my back yard that finally thawed out. I just filled up a bunch of jugs for another flush. Where would I find the sulphur to lower it or what do I use?

4. Organic soil acidifier...can pick it up at Home Depot ...6 pound bag for bout 10.00 or so....it will last u for awhile as well...I keep some of that on hand to lower PH and also keep some Lime on hand to raise the PH if needed

5. Awesome. Thank you. Much appreciated. I'll post in near future to let you know how it worked out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Does ph down work just as good?

7. PH down is more of a quick fix as opposed to actually having a steady PH.....I know plenty of people that use it, and they love it, I've just personally never used it....so it shouldn't be an issue to use it....also u can use lemon juice, diluted of course, that will act the same as PH down will

8. do you see anything else going on with the plants other than purple stems? do you have any pix of the plants that we can check out?

9. Hard to get a good pic with led lights. Some are cupping but that's about the only issue

10. I can maybe tomorrow and try during the day

11. I trimmed a little but this what it's doing.

12. Wow, i am having same high ph issues using luckydog soil and found that a few heavy flush jobs has started to bring it back....started with 5.8ph and runoff was 7.7, purple stems slow growth and i believe thats why one of my seeds turned out to be a male..... Back to regular promix for me. I also got a bag of coco to try.

13. I hear ya brother

• Like Like x 1
  14. Would this be the kush curl? My strain is afghani purple kush

15. Does this look like the kush curl? My strain is Afghani purple kush