Hiding your stash.

Discussion in 'General' started by Σypher, Feb 11, 2018.

1. I'm not comfortable having all my stuff at home and I've been thinking about hiding it somewhere else.
    The problem is that I have no idea where.
    I need some tips.

I'm going to store it in airtight jars with a humidity pack.
    My main idea is to dig a big hole in the woods with a plastic barrel where I'll store all the glass jars, but as you guys are the experts, that leaves me with a few questions.

Will fluctuations is the weather hurt the plants? Like if it's going from hot to freezing and back to hot again?
    Not that I think it will fluctuate much, but it may freeze and get unfrozen several times during the winter.

Any experiences? Or any tips?

2. Not saying burying it is a good idea because I don't know. But if you were concerned about heat and cold you should bury deep. Below is a link to find out what the frost depth in your area is. Dig below and temps shouldn't be a concern.

Frost Depth

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. I had to clean up once and buried a 5 gal plastic pail for a stash. I put it just under the surface in an area on my property I was sure no one would ever be around. It worked fine. Since THC is an oil it shouldn't have freeze/thaw related problems as long as it's kept dry.

4. im totally doing this then.
    do you think i should keep it as dry as possible when stored and just rehydrate with a boveda pack when i take it out?

5. Here's how I hide my stash..

IMG_1940.JPG

I place it in my closet and close the door :D

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Granny Storm Crow said if you're gonna store weed....it should be cured....in airtight containers...in the dark...at room temperature. Then it can be stored for up to 2 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Are we talking about pounds or a nickel bag?

8. 5-10kg

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Time to turn all that flower into dabs man

• Like Like x 2
  10. CBDBurner is right, with that much it would be better to turn it into oil for long term storage. Maybe keep a few ounces out for use. It won't degrade as fast as an oil because it has much less surface area exposed. I've had oil stored in the freezer now for several years and it's still potent, even after giving a fair bit away I probably still have enough for the rest of my life. If you think you can use it in the next couple of years you could leave it as flower. I've also dropped oxygen absorbers in the jars. I think those jars stayed greener than the other jars and I'm sure the trichs stayed clear longer. It would stay potent longer if you over dried it but the quality of the smoke would suffer.

11. ive been trying to smoke so many times now, but the panic attacks happen every time. and the paranoia is too intense. i wish i was able to smoke, but i just cant :(
    but i love growing, and im just making a bit money on the side with this "project".
    i just cant have that much in my house.
    Im just worried that it will be ruined if i keep it outdoors.

ive read about people digging down airtight mason jars for a couple of months, only to find it full of water when digging it up.
    what im thinking this far is to have one of https://images.finncdn.no/dynamic/1280w/2013/4/vertical-5/11/6/405/342/66_395817668.jpg these.
    if i bury it with the top above ground and use a hollowed out woodpiece or something to hide the top, then it wont have that pressure of water constantly trying to press its way in.
    the barrels are made of polyethylene, but im not sure if thats 100% waterproof if the barrel breathes air and water vapor like it says here: How to store marijuana buds - Alchimia blog

if thats the case, i need to insulate the barrel with something to have a layer between the dirt and the barrel.
    or just make a small room for the barrel to stand in.

and if i place a couple of drypacks in the blue barrel aswell, i think im safe that it wont enter any of the mason jars i'll store inside it.

in any case, it wont be expensive, only a bit time consuming.