Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hiding weed in a car for a cross-country road trip

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by sabrina417, May 6, 2015.

1. I'm planning on moving from Washington to North Carolina, and will be driving myself (and all of my things) there, about 3000 miles. I've read lots of forums and was wondering if this plan I had to hide weed would work, I don't want to be all alone in a new place with no weed!
    I know drug dogs can smell anything if it sits long enough and permeates what its in, so here's my plan:
    The night before I leave, I would vacuum seal a decent amount of ganja, put it in a glass stash jar with a good seal, (might also put a puck with 3-4 grams of oil inside), and then melt a candle and put the jar inside the candle, let it solidify overnight, then put the candle in with the rest of things, somewhere near the center of my car.
    I plan on this trip taking around 2-3 days, will it permeate through all of that within that time frame?
    I thought this sounded like a pretty good plan and my chances of getting caught were slim to none? Am I correct? As far as actually getting stopped by police officers, I won't be speeding very much (my car starts to worry me if I go above 85), and I'm generally pretty good about not getting caught speeding, should I get pulled over, I'm a 20 year old female, and I don't look like I've ever done anything bad in my life (everyone says I seem like I'm a goody two shoes till they get to know me..) nor do I have anything on my record besides two speeding tickets in a 25mph zone. Any advice would be much appreciated. If you're going to tell me not to do it, point out the flaws in my plan, trying to be as informed about this as possible before deciding to do it or not. Thank you!

2. just hide it under your seat and dont drive like your trying to get away from something.

I think you're totally good with that plan. When I travel with weed (in a car--I would never take weed on a plane) I just put it in a freezer bag and stick it in my suitcase. The main thing is to just avoid the cops. So use your signals, don't speed at all (or at least not more than 5mph over), don't roll stop signs, that kinda thing. Make sure your tags are current too and all your head/tail lights are working. You'll be fine. [​IMG]

4. My primary concern is that should for some crazy reason, a dog gets sent out to sniff my car, will the dog be able to detect it? Through all of those layers and likely inside a box or bag with other things in it and near the center of my car?

5. "Drive casually"

6. #6 sabrina417, May 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2015
    I'm not going to drive 3000 miles without breaking a single traffic law.. That's really improbable. Just think, theoretically, I get stopped by cops with dogs, what then? Yeah, I'm paranoid. But that paranoia has kept me from ever getting caught with anything (legal wise and previously parent wise).

7. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z9ftq4yODQ

Good information here.  and here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-mU77Pie44

Truth is if you do not fit the profile and act normally then you more than likely will not get searched.  If you are moving and it is pretty obvious then even if you do get stopped there is no way I could see you getting a hassle.  Does not make sense to load up a moving truck to transport pot....

8. Do they only bring out the dogs if they are worried about it? They wouldn't just up and bring a dog with them for no reason right?

9. #9 wafdof, May 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
    Personally?  I would only bring me enough to tide me over.  It is not worth going to prison over pot.  Transport a large amount that to you makes sense for personal use and then go in the slammer for a real real long time because it is viewed as trafficking.  You will HAVE to get a connect in North Carolina to get your pot or grow your own, whatever.  Bring enough until you get a connection.  I used to live in NC, trust me you will be able to get a connection real easy.  

PS if you do get all elaborate with your hiding spot then it will make their case that you are transporting for sell. (Even though you are not)  I watch an episode of COPs that a kid was caught with a lot of pot with coffee beans on it and the cop immediately said he was being charged with trafficking because it appeared he was using a smugglers trick.  

They will detain until a dog arrives you if you act funny for no good reason.  If you do not allow them to search and if you act paranoid or scared.  Those are all reasons to suspect something is wrong.  Watch those videos I linked up they give the other side's insight on what they look for and what they can and can't do.  At first I thought to never let them search, but as in the video, they know something is up immediately and will absolutely detain you for a dog.  That makes total sense.  I have been asked if they could search and I told them yes and they never did.  Sometimes they just want the reaction.

Watch those videos...you are not what they are looking for as far as drug smuggling, well unless you look like a hippie.  Have your paperwork for your new job on hand and if you act nervous tell them you are scared because you are making a new life all the way across country and you are under a lot of stress (Probably true anyhow)

Good luck in NC [​IMG]  What part are you moving to?

10. Sounds like a pretty good plan...and the US Supreme court just ruled that police can't detain you to wait on a drug dog if the reason you were pulled over was for a traffic infraction. They have to have a valid reason to search, like smell or seeing paraphernalia.

My main concern would be your Washington license plate...that may make them suspicious that you may be transporting...I don't know your route but you should probably avoid going thru Colorado....

Good luck....

11. That's what I'm a bit worried about. I won't know a single person going into NC... I'm worried it would be quite awhile before I found anyone that sells.
    And yeah it is a lot of stress, haha. But I'm excited about it!,I up and decided to drop out of college and start saving up to go to NC to work for a year then go back to school. I'm looking at the cities surrounding Raleigh (mostly Cary area) right now. If you have any NC tips I'd love to hear them! :)

I was also a little bit concerned about the plate, if that would make them more suspicious. But I know that I don't look suspicious at all!

12. tl;dr
    Dont drive you look female. Possibly black. Definitely minority: they have your info on deck.

Here's what you do: park in your friends garage for 2 days. The next morning go on the interstate to the nearest freeway crossing state lines. Pay a toll and smoke some special C. Pay the tooth fairy too.

13. You are way over thinking this. Your car is going to be loaded with stuff since you're moving. Put all your weed in mason jars, wash the jars to get any kind of residue off, pack the jars in your shit. Drive cross country on a move like any other normal person.

14. Dogs with infrared scanners are the worst.

15. Cops can't hold you to wait for a canine unit to come out anymore

16. I'd do it, if you flip out part way through drop it off somewhere or hide it maybe and get it later idk. I mean, a dog can't smell past everything, super air tight and on top of that in s candle?? And on top of that probably in something else and especially with your windows down how would a dog ever be able to smell that?? It probably smells that much like weed in most places, it's infinitesimally small. And just drive well and don't go 10 over. Where something extra sweet and innocent, stay alert, don't crash idk.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. Im in that area just go to nc state and you'll find weed and some concentrates.

18. as long as your car doesnt smell of weed or anything to prompt a search, a dog won't sniff your vehicle or be brought out anyway. Plus, it's been ruled that it is unconstitutional to keep drivers on the side of the road waiting, for a drug dog to arrive.

Sent from my intergalactic spaceship hotbox

19. How is it unconstitutional?