Hiding is raspberry bushes

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Budyyy, May 10, 2012.

1. Would it be fesable to hide 1-2 plants in between a 5x13 foot raspberry bush? I know some plants release chemicals inhibiting the growth of'' competition'' and I'd rather grow my cannabis straight in the ground then in pots.. Pots seem like more work with less reward...

2. In the rasberry bush? I wouldnt recommend it, it will grow but im sure ya can find a much better spot.

3. if you mean between some raspberry bushes yeah that'll work but they won't get the

amount of light needed to grow to full potential, but since you're trying to conceal them

growing to their full potential isn't probably what you want, i would use pots though with

nice soil that way you can control the pH, how much nutes the plants get and prevents

the raspberry plants from stealing the water and nutes. also putting them right next to a

plant that provides fruit to the wild may not be the best, the raspberry plants will

certainly attract deer, bears, and other rodents that may eat / stomp your plants

4. i don't know if you're trying to hide it from neighbors, or helicopters but a little chicken wire around the plant will go a long way

5. Hiding Neighbors..I live in little suburbia where my backyard intersects with 3 different peoples. It's all fenced in though and the people aren't shitheads.. Since it's all fenced in with hurricane fencing I don't think chicken wire would be needed. Planning on also surrounding the ladies with lavender and mint, little backyard garden so to speak.

6. Ive done this before, I Kinda cut out a spot in the middle of the bushes, left enough closer to the ground to cover the buckets, I lived with several people, from the kitchen table you could see 4 of them peaking over the bushes, no one noticed. and we all had alot of friends over that smoke and grow, most of them were with in 15 feet of the plants a few times over the summer into fall and they stayed hidden. they got 7ft tall.. Just dont bring attention to them and they will be fine.

7. in my opinion smart pots are the way to go, unless there are no weeds to deal with, but still it seems like with smart pots you can control the environment better, such as soil and all, and feeding, but the drawback is they lift your plant up another 2 1/2 feet off the ground, berries have gnarly roots, I'd hate to be feeding the berries and not my weed.. its a good question though because berries are a perfect hiding spot, but to get in and water you might get fucked?? good luck I've thought about this too..

8. lol don't trust this necessarily 100% I'm not sayn its completely wrong just partly. IDk how the hell know one noticed your plant for the entire grow season? how big were the bushes that were conceiling it. Because a 7 ft weed plant can be vert hard to conceal or in some cases not that hard to conceal.just depends on your house/ backyard setup etc.

9. [quote name='"Budyyy"']Would it be fesable to hide 1-2 plants in between a 5x13 foot raspberry bush? I know some plants release chemicals inhibiting the growth of'' competition'' and I'd rather grow my cannabis straight in the ground then in pots.. Pots seem like more work with less reward...[/quote]

Digging hole or filling puts. How would digging be less work than filling a pot. What lugging some soil out. U will need to take some kind of amendments out there anyways.

10. My crop last year was 8 plants hidden in blackberries. 6 in holes 2 in big 15-20gal totes. 3 houses within a quarter mile... The area was probably a 120-150 ft square and the berries were highest at the perimeter, creating a gnarly barrier... i tunneled out an entrance into, the thicket and found that the berries in the middle were only2-3 ft tall. cleared some spots, dug some holes, dragged the soil/amendments out there and that was that. creek was 50 ft away. Its daunting work and you will be scratched all to hell all season from your thighs down and your shoulders out. the berries do a great job of keeping deer out, but harbor snakes(a biiiig rattler here in Cali last year) racoons, rats, possums, rous's, et al. Theyll dig you blood/bone meal out of your holes. Cage em up good in the holes and around the base. the rats out here are known to eat main stalks just to sharpen their teeth.