HID or FLUORESCENT?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by lmikelowrey, Oct 7, 2008.

1. I've seen so many different systems, Is one preferred over the other? I'm debating with my 400W MH/HPS now because of the heat issue. What do some experienced growers have to say that maybe have used both?

2. Its pretty simple. If you have a large space you can grow in with good air condition, you should be able to use HID.
    If your space and air is limited, use CFL.

3. I agree with everyone, but with all the news with the Police using fly buys using equipment to detect high levels of heat. I use LED's and CFL's. The prices have come down dramactically. I bought mine from a non-tradtional website just bc I have a tendency to be extremely careful. I went to http://www.expresslightbulbs.com/grow-light-c-132.html and found them to be reasonable. LED's are a bit more expensive. Also with LED's you really have to put them on top of the plant and with CFL's you need to put them a bit farther. Again, I have had very good success using both sources.

4. HAHAHA the light bulb in the middle of the screen on that web site says iDEa. With dea lit up. yeah, I'm surely going to order something from that grow shop!:D

5. LOL!! Wow, i guess if i were a DEA agent i would come to grasscity also :)