HID HUT MH HPS Spectrum of bulbs

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by yischrax, Apr 7, 2009.

1. #1 yischrax, Apr 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2009
    So I got a 400mh kit from hidhut and a 600hps from hidhut.

It didn't say what Kelvin and lumens it was when I got them. I decided to e-mail and ask what they were.

Turns out the MH is a 4000 K. and 40K lumens. Anyone know if this will be a problem and if I should spend the money I don't want to but can if needed to get a new bulb that is 6700 K.
    HID Hut Bulbs - - Full Spectrum 400W MH Bulb- 4000K color temp
    This confused me because I thought mh was suposed to be 6700 K. and that halogen bulbs were 4000K.

The HPS is 2092 K. and 95049 lumens
    HID Hut Bulbs - - Full Spectrum 600W HPS Bulb
    it seems like it is a little low I thought the goal was 2700 K bulbs

Does anyone know of a good 600w conversion bulb I will be doing a scrog and figure using a good conversion bulb will help growth when in the flowering room before I switch to 12/12

Does any one know what mh or hps bulbs to switch to if there is better than the ones I have right now also.

2. use a 600 hidhut digi my self and a 400 ,there great...

3. So your running the same thing. Have you used other bulbs to compare to or just the hidhut kits.

4. #4 skunk1877, Apr 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2009
    i use sunmaster bulbs 600 & 400 hps, iput 2 mogul sockets in one cool breeze reflector, i use the 600 for veg then use the 400&600 in both of the sockets for flower.i have two ballasts

5. ok so I am confused are you just using the reflectors and dig. ballasts or did you use the bulbs to and just changed to a different kind of bulbs? if you aren't using the bulbs anymore and did before why are you not using them anymore.

6. So more or less don't worry about it now but when I buy new bulbs in a year I should look at something with the right spectrum but for now these will work unless I see crappy yields and feel that the light is to blame.

7. i never got bulbs with my setup i bought them extra..i use two hid digi ballasts i one reflector

8. #8 yischrax, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2009
    Looking around it seems like the solormax Veg Bulb is expensive but has the best light spectrum am I right to think this does anyone have any other suggestions on what bulbs to choose. I am running a digital ballast or I would think about getting a ceramic metal halide.

SolarMax 400W Vegetative Metal Halide Grow Bulb - Plantlighting Hydroponics

And for my conversion bulb I found this to be the right spectrum where most are at 5000K or so I can have the right spectrum to help speed up growth before turning the lights to 12/12 but I am doing a scrog and need to get it started.
    Alternative Garden Supply - Hydroponics & Indoor Gardening Super Store

I agree there is more important things but having most of that down as best as I can (room is to small to add a dehumidifier and humidifier) stays 30-40% in veg room as it is though haven't made it into flower yet. Don't want to add CO2 because I have a intake and exhaust to regulate temp so would be kind of a waist. Down the line if I make the room bigger I may seal the room off and get a Natural Gas C02 burner dehumidifier humidifier and a/c for the room. That will cost a lot more than the bulbs will though lol