Hi 'new grower with cfls

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by kaydee56, Dec 28, 2016.

1. I've decided to do a stealth grow using some big cfls. I have 1x 125 watt 6500k & 1x 250 watt 2700k for a total for 375 watts ' not equivalent actually draw.

PAR output for both bulbs together is around 26000 lumens spread across 4sft with a head hight of a MASSIVE 2.5 ft lol.

I'm growing 1 plant in a 2x2 propagation tent 'scrogg style was the obvious choice due to hight restrictions hence the cfls.
    I veg this bluedream seed for 60 days and topped her a good few times but I've lost count now ' it's been so long in veg lol. I just added the 250watt maxibright 8u cfl 2700k 2 nights ago when I flipped her to 12/12

We are at day 3 of flower ' already see some stretching at night so bending&training will be in full swing this week I imagine.

Ant way once I have found out why I can't post pictures I will get back to you with some updates on the bluedream 2x2 cfl scrogg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

2. Better get yourself some stronger light for flowering than CFLs if you want to get a real harvest from that plant. The CFLs are OK for veg but pretty much just suck for flowering. You'll end up with a long lanky plant that has been stretching for more light since it began flower, that is full of underdeveloped buds. Of course, the stronger the CFL light in the flowering cycle, the better. But in general, they just don't have the power to make the plant come on out and grow big for you. But you can run a plant through flower with them and get a small harvest...compared to when flowering with light with enough wattage. Regardless...welcome and good luck. Use the form to your benefit to help you answer any questions or concerns you might be having. Lots of great info and pics here. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thank you for your advice widow
    Ive done 5 grows with hps and LEDs ' I just want to find out what you can do with cfls?

I've seen some good grows under "scrog with cfls and as far as yeild 'it's not inportat to me with this one ,this one was all about introducing the missus to growing in a cheap way lol
    Here is a picture for you 20161228_103524.jpg