Hi, I'm David

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mrloverlover, Aug 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Thanks for your niceness. I've come to the conclusion that i am the cause and the solution of all my problems, if i can learn to be my own master i think i can win at life

• Like Like x 1
  2. I've tried dulcimer too, its pretty cool. I like bluegrass and traditional appalaichia (butchered it, dont care) music but cant stand radio country, go figure.

Then again i also like EDM, so....lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Me too Dave, I like those twangy bluegrass sounds and Appalachian music. My great great great great grandfather’s name was Shaddrack the Fiddler!
    You’re cute dude, I’ve seen big dogs with gorgeous chicks. Idk why, there’s no explanation for taste.

5. Thx I wonder how many times i would get blown out per 10 attempts if i actually tried to flirt lol

6. Who cares, do it. The bigger the net the more fish you catch.
    Shhhh here comes the Mrs.
    Which reminds me to ask, you just want to get laid? Nothing wrong with that just checking.
    No chicks at work?
    Go volunteer somewhere maybe. Kill time, meet people, do good things?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. atm ya i just need some action haha. oh im fully committed...40 hours a week and i work overnites so haha im mostly just stoned and zzzz

8. I cut my teeth on the Carters, old-timey and bluegrass, moved to jazz, got roped into English traditional music, then French, then middle eastern, then eastern European (particularly Bulgarian) traditional music, and am now back into playing jazz. *shrug* you go where the gigs are, I guess... although at this point I don't gig at all. It's amazing the number of gigs you don't get after you pass 50. lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Welcome Dave, glad to have you here. I’m an old 2nd year piano student and longtime guitar picker. Great at neither. Don’t sweat your intro, I think some folks were a tad shocked as a lot of us have to lay low, being in prohibition states. Again, welcome and I look forward to your input.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Come at me police lol

Thats awesome i have played piano since i was 5 and guitar since i was 12! I play mostly by ear and i actually have perfect pitch. But i suck at reading. Improvisation is where its at IMO

• Like Like x 2
  11. Youngster! :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. #33 Didactylos, Aug 1, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    BTW Dave... great introduction! Honestly, most introductions here run to two or three sentences and get short responses.

Music business is a trip. 20 years ago I was getting into doing jazz arrangements and had to drill down deep into copyright law. OMG what a labyrinth! (For those who don't know, copyright law is applied according to what the law was at the time the piece was published, so "Ain't Misbehavin'" has a completely different law than say, "Miles High." And copyright law has been amended and changed a LOT. Argh!)

13. The business is changing too. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth going to school still. But after spending enough time in shit jobs I'd rather have some sort of a safety net

14. In my experience a lot of people who take a degree don't actually end up in that career path -- but it always serves them in good stead. :)

15. There has to be a few ponds or streams or something that you could talk a cute Amish girl into going skinny dipping. :sneaky::ph34r::devilish:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Giggity

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. #38 TheNoob, Aug 2, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
    What a coincidence my name is David but go by Dave. I also started playing guitar at 12 and am 25 now and play multiple instruments aswell. Have been battling depression too for a number of reasons for a few years , trippy pretty much the same person lol I think it's just a "Dave" thing.