Hi from the beautiful prairies of the Northern Plains

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by painfullife, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Hi, I am a newby, most likely older then most here. I had tried MJ back in the "old days", as my kids call them, but barely used even then. They also ask about electricity and if we had it while I was in high school :p . I had a joint stashed away, from my younger brother from two years ago. So many people were telling me to at least try and see if it would help with my pain. My husband who has never tried pot, my children, and ALL my friends that I have talked to about this, as well as several of my medical friends like nurses, Medical Assistants and doctors. MJ is the ONLY thing that I have ever tried that gives me any relief from the most "God awful pain".

I grew up in the Northwest of US and met and married a dairy farmer after dating for six weeks. Yes I married very young! Went to college a few years before 40, when my kids were all in school. Always wanted to go into the medical field. I had to quit working just a few years after getting my degree due to MS. Fighting depression and pain, I figured that maybe I needed to "talk" to others that share any common interests like smoking pot. I am hoping that I can get tips and growing info from you all, my green thumb seems to be turning brown.

I am sure glad there is a place like this here, its hard to talk to even family or good friends because there isn't hardly anyone that smokes that can answer any questions.

Peace

mizzy

2. Welcome to the city, and I hope you find some good answers here! I'm sure you will :D

3. Welcome to the city... I have heard MJ works wonders for MS .. and seems to be the same for you.. You will definitely find some good answers from the great growers/helpers on the site.. anyways.. welcome :cool:

peace

-spliff :smoke:

4. Welcome to grasscity from an off,[old fried farts and fartettes]

:smoke: :smoking: :smoke: :smoking:

Theres a few of us oldie,s around.

5. HIGH All, welcome to The City painfullife.....sorry to hear your in pain my friend. Meet some Blades and Bladies and get that Brown Thumb Green again.

6. I appreciate the warm welcome. I figured that most everyone on here was more then half my age but its good to know there is a few like me. I had so much trouble trying to find some pot after I decided to try it. I know so many who smoke it, but everyone was in denial when I wanted to buy some. I think they thought I was going to bust them or something.

When my oldest child found some for me, took her almost six weeks, we really got ripped off. I got about 5 joints for $30. I was told that I got took really good. Live and learn I guess.

I had trouble inhaling, it hurt my throat so bad. A friend told me to smoke a cig. every once in a while and it really helped. I used to smoke cig. 30 years ago, and didn't want to get hooked on them but it does help. Has anyone ever heard of this??

Again hi all, hope to get to know you all some.

mizzy

7. That could have been a rip-off, or it could have been a decent price. It really depends on the quality of the weed. I have been known to spend $20 on just a gram of really good stuff--only enough for one joint.

$30 for 5 joints isn't always a rip-off.

Instead of trying that, you could use a vaporizer instead--no smoke involved, really easy on the lungs. It basically heats the herb just hot enough to release the THC but it doesn't burn it. Or you can also always make food with marijuana in it. We have some good recipes here. I don't think smoking cigarettes would be a good idea. Hope that helps!

8. Welcome to the City! :wave:

Glad that you decided to join up, enjoy the boards!

Hempress's suggestion of the vaporizer sounds like it could really benefit your problem. :)

9. Welcome to the City!
    I am young(18) but i'm not really a new toker.
    Hope I can help you sometime,cause I love helping people who are new to the boards.
    KEEP TOKIN!

10. Geez, I have two kids older then you. :eek: . Thanks for making me not feel like I am too old to belong here. Also to the others, thanks for advice, links and just making me feel like I am not alone.

Hempress, where do you suggest I check to read about the different vaporizers? I am interested. Also if I am not being rude, what does 'I make milk. Wha'ts *your* superpower?' mean? Just curious.

Also am I posting on the right board, asking questions? I really want to ask of people here, do they feel safe posting, not worried about getting checked out by the cops.

Peace
    mizzy

11. lol, ok ,first hempy just had her first baby and thinks she ,s good.[so do we]

second stml.

lts ok to ask questions ,just don,t give to much personal stuff.:smoking:

oh, and l have 4 kids over 18 yrs :D

12. painfullife: drop a thread in the Recreational or Seasoned Toker forum.. about vaporizers and you will get lots of useful information.. to start you off with however I would personally reccomend a ***** a good one can be found here:

*edit by hempress--sorry man, can't advertise for other sites

but again drop a post in another forum!

peace

:D

-spliff

13. LOL, I don't think its rude :D Critter answered for me, but I just had a baby in August and I'm breastfeeding.

Splifster answered you question about vaps--either start a thread or do a search on the forums for vaporizers--there's *lots* of threads on the subject. If you can't afford to get one, you can look for threads on homemade vaps. I made one last year out of a light bulb that worked pretty well.

Don't be afraid to ask questions! That's what we're here for! We share information. But like Critter said, just don't give too much personal information, and *never* ask for hookups.

Glad to have you aboard!