Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'General' started by Firsttimerrr, Jun 3, 2013.

1. I have just joined this we site cause I'm curious lol. I have never smoked before but want to try it soon, but I am currently taking 50 mg of lamictal for my epilepsy, ever since I've started taking lamictal I have had no seizures! ( I used to have grand mal ones) so they are controlled, but my question is will anything bad happen if I smoke weed? Can it trigger a seizure even though they are controlled now? I'm just really nervous and have really bad anxiety about it. By the way I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong place I'm kind of confused as to where i should sort this so sorry again!

2. Talk to your doctor regarding any medical concerns for best advice.

3. smoking weed doesn't usually interfere with the effectiveness of other medications, HOWEVER, i am not an expert on the subject.  i agree with mr vicious that asking your doctor would be your best bet if you want a definitive answer.

4. I have tried to ask him but he won't advise me since it's an 'illegal substance'... I have a feeling half of the time he doesn't even know what he's talking about -_-