HI, ebb and flow vs bubble?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by bake bake, Oct 1, 2009.

1. I've been doing TONS of research on this site, for months and have barely posted yet so here it goes:

I'm closing on a house soon so im designing my grow room now. I've acquired some equipment while living at my parents

1) 400 watt HPS lamp
    2)assorted CFLS(100W each)
    3) several 5 gallon buckets (with all hte nesecary gear to make Rumples buckets airstones PVC etc)
    4) gear for a rumple style cloner(god bless you rumple)
    5)stanley blower and gear for DIY carbon filter im picking up from walmart when I move out as well as the required amount of Mylar.

now this room is just for personal use and obviously helping out a couple buddies, I plan on SCROGing with bag seed I just dont know if i would be better off doing an ebb and flow or a bubble bucket I dont really want to deal with a FULL OUT garden or tons of lights etc just too complicated really just one grow area(veg and flower) and one clone area.
    input? comments? theres more could probally rant about but i'll wait for feed back. THANKS GC

2. Hi..

Since you already have most everything you need to make some RumpleBuckets... That is the way I would go. Why start over getting equipment? While I have not used RumpleBuckets, I do a modified drip/DWC grow and have had excellant success with it.

If you decide after a couple of grows under your belt that you want to move to an E & F setup, then go for it.

Congrats on the house!

Good Luck!

3. I would have to give the nod to the bubblebucket too. They are sooo simple and produce excellent results. Ebb and flow is productive as well, but more complicated. I like to keep things as simple as possible, and the BB is it.

4. ^^ yeah what they said ^^ ;) :)

welcome to the world of growing.

5. word thanks guys for the input, its good to get some confirmation:) time to get to work, peace.

And yea im really looking foreword to the house and growing thanks for the well wishes:wave: