Hey, Im new here

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by razel90, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Forgive me if this is the wrong section but I need some help. I'm looking to buy a new bong online and as I'm from the land down under we don't usually have bongs with different fittings.

The bong I'm looking at is a SG 18/14, I want to get a second stem with a separate cone piece and are unsure what size stem I'll need, will it be SG 14 OR 18? it says it's an SG 18/14 slit stem mucho gracias

2. What part of Aus are you living in? I may be able to point you in the right direction

3. I'm in Victoria, I've found a place online that's sells what I'm looking for, I just need to know what size grindings I need.

4. I'll move this over to a section that will be able to help you.
    Off of the top of my head, could the 14/18 mean that the part you want comes in both sizes?

5. This is the info on the product pages Colour: Green & ClearFeatures: Large SG 14 'Roll-Stop' bowlMotif: 'Black Leaf'Height: 400mmDiameter: Ø 50mmSure Ground: SG 18 (18.8mm) / SG 14 (14.5mm)Wall Thickness: WT 5mmReplacement stem length: 13cm hope it helps :/

6. I believe this means that the bong comes in 2 different joint sizes, either an 18 mm or 14 mm diameter. You should be able to choose which one you want. Unless it means that it comes with a 18-14mm adapter for varying down stems sizes. If that's the case I would have to assume that the bong would have 18mm joint peice. Maybe if you put up the link it would give me a better understanding of your situation.

7. #8 jimbo7, Jan 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2015
    If you are buying a complete kit, as in bong/downstem diffuser/bowl, you should be able to get in contact with the site and ask what you need to get another downstem diffuser and bowl to swap out as a spare or change of pace. If the online site can't get you an answer ASAP I'd find another, but I would think they'd answer you pretty quickly.
    EDIT: If I had to guess though, I would say your bong uses an 18mm downstem, and a 14mm bowl. If you buy the bong first before getting your spare downstem and bowl it's easy to check, the bowl will fall though the hole for the downstem.