Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hey, i got a question about storing my weed.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by HighVibes, Jul 15, 2009.

1. #1 HighVibes, Jul 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2009
    Hey GC, whats up. ok so im about to buy about 8 grams of dankness for $100. but im in about a week, im going on vacation in cancun, for a week. i wanted to know how should i store it? especially while im on vacation. i usually put my weed in a plastic ziploc bag, inside another ziploc bag, with all the air pressed out of both. but theyre the small snack bag sized bags. idk if those are suitable, but it seems like everytime, my weed gets dry and brittle after about a week... which is why i usually only buy an 1/8 (for $50) at a time, cuz it takes me about a week to go through an 1/8. but now im buying a little over a quarter. how do i keep it fresh? oh and btw, glass mason jars are out of the question for me. thanks, and sorry for the rambling, lol. :smoke:
    EDIT: (PLEASE READ)
    im gonna revise the question. would an empty (cleaned out), glass, sauce jar be any more airtight than a ziploc bag? or do i need an actual mason jar.

2. i heard a slice of orange works idk tho

3. It really depends. Were are going to be hiding your stuff? Because without a mason jar the only thing to keep it in is plastic baggies and some socks.

4. ya you're going to have to find an airtight solution. meaning basically a glass jar of some sort. plastic bags will eff your herb up, sometimes even within the span of a couple days. now if you wanted to put the herb in plastic bags and then into a glass jar, that's your choice.

5. ive tried the orange peel, and it works ok i guess. but i mean, like if somebody picks up an ounce, and they smoke it over a period of a couple weeks or a month, ive seen people just put it in a ziploc freezer bag... how does it not dry out after a couple weeks? thats basically what im tryin to find out. if theres a trick to it, or if theres just no way to avoid it.

and to svenxis ^^ i cant get a glass jar

6. if you use the orange peel method, i strongly suggest you do not leave it in there for longer than a few hours, and make sure it is NOT touching the weed. you do not want moldy weed its a serious health hazard.

you could put the funky herbs in a ziplock and if possible, in a freezer/fridge. cold temperature keeps your produce fresh. once it's brought back out into room temp, it will become sticky fresh bud again. it's unfortunate mason jars are not an option, as they are a really good method for storing/curing/maintaining your medicine.

7. any kind of airtight jar, thats how weed should always be stored, anyone who doesnt store in a jar is letting their beautiful plant dry out and then it crumbles, and no one wants that, plus the jar keeps the smell inside aswell

8. go buy a glass jar or something air tight. You can also go to your closest gas station, liquor store, or mini mart, and supermarkets and buy some Altoids sours and use there case as containers. the look like this.
    [​IMG]or look around at safe way for anything in a air tight container that you could clean out and use.

9. how bout medicine pill bottles? youll need like 4-5 of those to loosely fit 8 grams. if you dont care bout compressing your stuff, than you might be able to fit it in 3 bottles, but i doubt it. id say medicine bottles work better than those glass jars for pickles n whatnot. if u cant. then triple bag those 8 grams and put the bag in the glass jar

10. A Sauce Jar? Are you referring to like Peanut Butter Jars?
    But any type of Glass Containers work, you can also use Pill Bottles.

And to your question as to how the weed stay fresh in a freezer zip put into a freezer is the same mechanics as how meat stays fresh when you put it in a freezer zip and freezer store it ;)

11. Go to Walgreens or Target and buy a thing of Airborne, its a tablet that you drop in your drink to not get sick and for Detox, but the cases that the tablets come in are extremely airtight. I've had one for a year now and I have never been caught for the smell of my weed.