Hey guys

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Dharvey, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Ok I'm I. 6th week of flowering in using a ledgle 300 watt led which is somewhere between 85 or a 100 watts my humidity been rising lately been at 49 and 54 percent today I got a humidifier in there but it seem like it's not working I have attempted befor and mold came so I threw that plant out before and don't want to happen again in using a 24x24x48 tent two fans one big fan and a small fan it's usally lower any advice IMG_0935.JPG IMG_0937.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I'd recommended either buying a DEhumidifer or a nice sized fan to blow on that plant to keep air from becoming stagnant... I'm personally flowering a bushy plant in 50-80% humidity without a problem and I give the credit to my fan and my airflow... I'm not talking about a small little clip on fan I'm talking about a neat tower fan that can actually blow a decent bit of air mine has a wind setting which I very much like and recommend.

Edit
    I saw where you said you have a larger fan if it's covering the majority of the plant I think you'd be fine if it stays at around 50% but all plants are different and some plants are more susceptible

Special Queen #1

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/Attempt-#2--(Special-queen-#1).1432973/

• Like Like x 1
  3. Big fan IMG_0938.JPG

Small fan IMG_0940.JPG

Humidity is at 51 percent rite now just had that mold experience and don't want that again when I'm so close to harvesting

4. Also this plant is a auto flower 6 weeks into flowering

5. We're the conditions the same as this or we're they a little worse? And was the plant the same structure as this one or was it more bushy?

Special Queen #1

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/Attempt-#2--(Special-queen-#1).1432973/

6. Am glad to hear you say this since i evidently live next door to you because my humidity is running about the same as yours... have not seen 80% yet but 75% has not been uncommon at lights out.
    I am banking on hopefully good circulation... Have been here before and it came out well but as you say... different strains.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I think a little worse I had 4 plants in a big tote forgot the size but woke up one morning and it had a little mold on I tossed it as soon I seen it

8. Yeah typically the 80's come at watering right before lights out lol but the days following it'll be around 70-75% at the highest I just don't see mold being much of a problem for this plant it's very opened up and you are giving it good air movement so nothing gets stagnant. But again like I said the strains resistance can also be a factor so that's always a factor.

Special Queen #1

• Like Like x 1
  9. Keep air circulating and temps up around 80-82 you won't get mold. Some people claim higher humidity levels helps bud development.

The higher the temp the lower the moisture holding capacity of the air. The higher the temp the faster the growth rate up to about 83 F. LED grow room can run at 4 degrees or so higher then hps because of reduced leaf surface temps from the more ideal spectrum.

There's many chemical reactions going on that need to happen for a plant to grow. Contrary to popular belief most of these reactions happen much faster in higher temps. That's why insects grow faster and jungles grow more thick near the equator.

I see too many people proud to run a cold grow room of 75 degrees or so. The truth is you're probably reducing growth especially with led because they run a lower leaf temp. LED room tolerate higher temps and grow faster in them.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Temps at 81 degrees rite now and humidity at exactly 50 percent saying high humidity on my thermostat

11. There is nothing wrong with 50%.
    Don't think they had the inside of buds in mind when developing this but i reference it from time to time.
    Dew Point Calculator

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sounds good to me. No worries. Just don't foliar spray them and keep the air circulating. I'm fluctuating between 35% and 55% right now 1st week in bud. It's 41% right now. I live in one of the rainiest places in the US. SE Alaska rainforest. 200 inches of rain a year 100% humidity all the time. I've never had moldy buds. Just be diligent about air circulation and burping jars.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ok, what about air circulation around the individual colas.
    should i trim the leaves to allow airflow around each one? something i have been considering.
    the plant is in my sig there... NL-Flower; near week old photo.
    edit: sorry... not trying to steal the thread here. this just interests me too.

14. I do a generous lollipop and keep a tower oscillating fan down low on high. I don't remove much leaves from the top part of the plant but when I lollipop I also remove any tops that will clog up the upper canopy too much and that thins it out enough to get air circulation.

• Like Like x 1