hey guys noob here

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gardener85, Aug 25, 2012.

1. so this is my first grow :) an all was good for awhile come up with a few problems and wanted to check to see if im right. (ekk lol i dont like the thought of my babys being unhappy) from what ive read up i think ive been over watering and a lil to much nbuets soo yesterday they had clean water and for the nx couple for days im going to leave them !! also i took a ph reading of 7 and wondered weather to drop it too 6.5 ?? tahnks for any replys :wave: i thought i was doing good till this happened :mad:

Attached Files:

2. Watering is pretty easy. Pick up the pot its heavy dont water, light water. Let it dry out some in-between.

3. I would test the water run off, then adjust and try for 6.5. What type of soil are you using? And what is you water supply? Looks good actually, I think you are on the right track.

4. atm im using normal tap water !! is this bad ? i havent tested the ph in the water i could do that and the soil im using is plagron 100percent terra lightmix

5. and yeah the pots are heavy atm so is a couple of days fine to leave them todo there own thing ?

6. Tap water can have a high PH like above 7 and some areas add chemicals to kill bacteria to make it safe to drink; not to good for plants. Check your water PH first, then you can let it sit for 24hrs and add vinegar to it (a few drops) to get the PH down if needed.

7. Let the soil fully dry out between waterings, even if you have to leave it more than a couple of days.

8. well i took a water reading and it came bk at 7 im only using a cheap ph tester where can i get one that will give me a accurate reading ? thanks for the advice on watering them how long before i should see the affects 2to3 days ??? also how do i gauge how much vinger to use ??? :)

9. You should do some reading up man. Anyhow go to amazon search for a ph meter itll cost you 40-60 bucks for a decent one. How do you gauge...you put some drops in stir test, rinse and repeat till you get the desired PH level.

If your not PH balancing your water you should be. Its pretty darn important.

10. Depends on how much soil you have and the temperatures. Stick your finger an inch into the soil and make sure its dry before you water again. Check the weight of the pot out each time too, and you'll be able to tell without the finger test after a while.

If you buy a proper PH meter, get some PH-up and PH-down at the same time. Better than vinegar.

11. Granted I need to measure from what u can tell I gotta drop it by .5 I'll get the bits today think the only reason it's been showing is because if the over feeding ?!

12. Cool nice one I unstood I've read up on phing now guess I was lucky to start with :) thanks for the advise guys I'll update ya as soon as I see some results

13. Is the run-off water a accurate measure of the soils PH, or more to give the grower just an idea of where its at?