Heroes of Newerth

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Spankle, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Anyone play HoN? search function is down ATM so sorry if there is already a thread. Heroes of Newerth is a MOBA style game like League of Legends. However the graphics are MUCH nice and not so cartoony. There is also more mechanics involved such as creep denying, lane pulling, blocking, etc. The game is DotA inspired and has some similar heroes. Check it out.
    If you already play my ingame name is....SPANKLE go figure. add me. i'm 1600 on spankle and have a few lower accounts I dick around on.

2. I used to, I got to about 1650 until my computer crapped out. I would even go as far to say I enjoyed it way more than League of Legends and Dota 2. Even now they are making all of the heroes free so I would expect it to become a more popular game.

3. I tried it, I fuckin sucked..and I quit. It looked fun though..

4. Yea the whole "free to own" thing seems to have increased activity so far. Usually bout 90,000 or so users on at any one time. Peak EU hours that is. I'm pretty well hooked on the game. I played wow for a long time and got over that. Ive tried league of legends, SWTOR, and D3 but i always come back to HoN. Maybe guildwars 2 can take my attention away when it comes out.

5. I feel you man. This was the first game of this genre i played. When i started i was SOOOOO BAD. I'm talking like 0-1 kills 20 deaths bad. Its got a pretty steep learning curve. If you enjoy that style of game though it's worth the effort. I'd be more than happy to show you the basics if you're interested

6. im going to play this game, can we play together spankle? i need to learn the mechanics.