Hermies

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TurnOnTuneIn, May 6, 2012.

1. So I'm at maybe week 7 of my very first grow and I'm pretty sure my plant hermied, so my question is, can I just cut off all the male parts so I can still get sinsemilla?

2. Any pics? What week of flower?

Yes, hermie plants still smoke well. The issue is making sure you get all those pollen sacs off and out of the grow room. If there are other females in the same room it can be a tedious and risky job, if by itself just pick those sacs off daily and hope none or few flowers get pollinated. Either way the buds will still be potent if other grow factors are good, you just may have a bunch of seeds in some or all, or none.

I never kept hermies because we had many other girls going at once and had no dedicated hermie room to allow it to grow out safely away from the others, so at first sign of pollen sacs entire plants were removed, chopped and thrown. Sad sad stuff sometimes, about 10% of all feminized seeds end up as hermies genetically, stressed hermies are just as rare but preventable.

3. [​IMG]

heres a picture of where its growing pollen sacs, and I haven't started it on 12-12 yet

4. and I'm only growing one at the moment so it pollinating other plants is not an issue

5. Ya that branch is thick with em, start picking. Being it's your only plant you have nothing to lose, grow it out.

6. unless you see female signs its not a hermy its a male and thats what it looks like from the pic... Sry man. Had a few Hermies and that doesn't look like one.

7. What's a Hermie? Like a hermit crab? :D

8. hermaphrodite.

@ OP

unless you have seen pistils... that's a boy.

what strain /breeder ?

9. Yes...and what are they...?

10. AGREED. I had feminized seeds on my brain!

I just assume everyone uses them and I didn't even think to look for pistils. With the clusters like like it's obviously a male, hermies don't usually creat clusters like that and of course hermies have both sex organs. I don't understand why people don't just use feminized seeds.

Worst reply ever by me on any forum.

11. Damn first thing I thought when reading the title was hermies from futurama

12. Almost never have a hermi with regs.....just sayin

Besides the best strains never become feminized, ime

13. hermaphrodite: hermi, haveing both male and female"genitals" What you got there is a strait up Naughty Boy. No pistals. For your first grow you should be reading the journals, lots of good info and pictures too. Allso there is a sticky on the terms, slang and all so you know what everyone on the forums is talking about. Also if you just pick off all the balls they will come back twice as many

14. I'm needing to see pics of a hermie. I looked at a sticky that was suposed to have pics but there were just little x in a box instead of pics. Any help???

15. it will look like a female but it will also have a few male flowers to boot that is a full blown mae in the above pic so if yours looks that way then you hav a male you should see more white hairs then male flowers

16. #16 TurnOnTuneIn, May 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2012
    It has pistils, It's just that I took a picture of only the part of the plant with the male parts, ill take a better pic in a little bit

17. this is the best shot i could get as my camera wouldnt focus, hopefully you can still see the pistils
    [​IMG]

18. Where is this thread with the terminology?? Can't seem to find it.

19. I see no pistils...I would scrap it

20. full out male man chop chop