Hermies With Open Pollen Sacs

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MarsColonist, Jun 25, 2022.

1. If you have a couple plants and one of them opened pollen sacs b/c it's a hermie... but your grow fan is blowing the pollen away from your other plants... is it possible they're still okay and un-pollinated? Or do you need to ditch all the plants?

2. #2 GroBuddy, Jun 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
    Unless you just don't want those seeds or weed there's zero reason to toss the pollinated plants, just treat the remaining plants as normal.

• Like Like x 1
  3. but you can't keep them in there right? or else they will pollinate the other plants...

4. You’ll end up with seeded bud on every plant. Your just asking for trouble. Should of ditched plant as soon as u saw 1st sack.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. You've never bought a sack of weed with a seed or seeds in the bud? Hell back in the day on a couple occasions when buying street weed I'd have to take a sack of seeds back to the dealer and want weed to replace them. Like when the amount of seeds started interfering with my weed weight. Nothing wrong with seeded weed it's still weed, still smokable just seeded.

6. Not all nanners will throw viable pollen.
    Now, a true male pollen sac formed at the nodes during early flower…. Kill that one quick!

7. My herms caused a few buds to make seeds but not all. And the portions with seeds smelled danker and was a little stronger than the sister from the same plant. I would advise against using the seeds froma herm though because my 5th generation from a herm went all naners on me. Just my experience.

8. #8 MarsColonist, Jun 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
    if you're growing autos and you get a hermie, will the resulting seeds also be autos for sure? and likely have same plant-traits as the parents? sounds like fairly desirable seeds potentially, am i wrong? if they were feminized plants, would the seeds be feminized also?

i mean if growing a pricey strain... you wouldn't want to buy more seeds if possible, so the seeds would be desirable to the hypothetical individual grower, right?

what if you have some pollen sacs burst near other plants you're growing, but those other plants aren't in flowering phase ? Is that a problem?

9. Oh, well good then... I had thought if you had a hermie that pollinated your other plants they were basically ruined.

10. People say those seeds may be ruined. Idk I've made plants hermie with tiresias mist to make feminized seeds, those seeds are good. I've heard others say seeds from a hermie plant turn hermie. Again idk know tho all mine do fine.

11. Call me whatever . Dont call me at all even better . Smoke a few major bong hits in that grow area . Watch that smoke reflect off the walls back onto the plants . Idk why you think a fan will keep the pollen away.