Hermie pollinated my females..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Sofreshsoclean710, May 24, 2017.

1. When I was in week 3-4 of flower I noticed one of plants grew some balls. I was only able to locate like 4 balls before I removed the plant. Well I think I removed it too late because there are seeds growing in some of my buds. Other than that the buds have been developing very nicely (frosty, dense)

My question is How bad is the pollination going to affect my quality and yield?. Everything is personal so I don't mind pulling out a few seeds but I'm just curious to know if people still grow dank bud after it's been pollinated?

I was suprised to see my weed still coming out good since it's been pollinated since week 3-4. I thought that bud production slows down/stops and the plant focuses energy on developing seeds so the weed wouldn't come out that fire. I'm currently on week 5 now so I'm just hoping I could still enjoy this harvest..

2. Thats okay! If you get pollinated from a herm plants its guaranteed to be a female seed. Its actually how they make feminized seeds by using a herm's pollen on a female. Enjoy your new seeds!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. A few seeds won't hurt the quality very much ... it happens but be aware it may increase the flower time ?? as the plants will spend energy making seeds. And as previously mentioned that's how to make feminized seeds (98% of the time) so the good news is if the seeds ripen you will have future genetics that you can save to use anytime within a few years if taken care of.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Don't waste your time using those seeds, you will get more hermaphrodites if planting those seeds produced by your hermie plant. This is not the way feminized seeds are made. Feminized seeds are made with chemicals that cause male flowers, not from using hermaphrodite plants for pollen collection. Destroy the seeds and don't share with friends.

PW

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Heres a little bit of reading to inform the ignorant.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

6. #6 pointswest, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    Double post

• Like Like x 1
  7. The only ignorance here is that EBC does not know the difference between plants pollinated by a process called Rodelization and plants pollinated by hermaphroditic plant pollen. Plants pollinated by flowers from Rodelized plants will produce female plants, but plants pollinated by hermaphroditic pollen will produce more hermaphrodites. The Rodelization method is no longer used by modern breeders because it is not as reliable as flowers produced by chemical applications of colloidal silver and gibberilic acid treatments.

Use your hermaphroditic pollen if you choose, but the results will be more hermaphroditic plants by using this pollen.

https://www.buydutchseeds.com/blog/feminized-marijuana-seeds-through-rodelization.html

PW

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. I thought this too but they just use chemicals to safely self pollinate a female plant. You can use Hermy Polin on other female plants to produce hybrid females with a mildly higher chance for hermies

9. So if the hermies were in the form of both sex organs....pistils and balls...on the same plant...that is a "true hermie". I would NOT use those seeds. If it's a single stamen (nanner) popping out that pollinated some flowers, those are going to be female seeds. I've had to deal with true hermies in the past. Not fun. I thought i could keep up with just removing the balls, but it was a losing battle. I had so many seeds. Had to use the old phone book technique (the older stoners will know what I mean ).

Sent from my SM-S906U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  10. I make feminized seed from photo-period varieties as well as auto-flowering varieties. @pointswest is 100% correct. Hermaphrodites pass on hermaphrodite traites. The seeds should be destroyed.

Just a reminder of what we are doing to make feminized pollen.

Ethylene is a known gaseous plant hormone, which is involved in sex expression in plants. It promotes femaleness and inhibitors of ethylene biosynthesis or ethylene response suppresses the development of female reproductive organs, thus promoting masculinity (Kumar et al., 2009).

I use CS to block the Ethylene production and it is how most feminized seed is made.

My journal has many examples of me making feminized seeds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Hell yea Timbo. I wanna start breeding here soon. I've never been big into it. Even tho I've grown for a long time. I may ask you some stuff when the time comes. I got the stuff I need to breed. Just haven't done it yet. But here real soon I will.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'm always willing to help if I can @droski456.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hell yea man. I appreciate it bro. If I have any questions when I start. I'll shoot you a message.

• Friendly Friendly x 1