HERMIE?!?! Pics

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by vinnypel2ella, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Oh so a while ago I posted a thread asking if my plants were male or female as I believed they were male. And my assumptions were verified by you guys. I threw one of them away that I thought was for sure male, and when the other two started showing the same signs I was like damn this sucks. But because I had spent a lot of money on accessories and such I thought what the hell ill let them grow and see what happens. Well after about 3 weeks from switching to 12/12 this is what they look like. They have balls (that i pick off when i see them), but there also growing white hairs and what looks like buds. Are these hermies?

Attached Files:

2. yep. pretty clear.

bag seed?

3. well dont let all the stuff you got go to waste!! make it better then wait for some more seeds im sure if your an avid pot smoker you'll eventually find a seed here or there to plant. This is only the beginning, if your in Canada ill send you my bag seed haha

4. It does look like a hermie but if your gonna rip it up, I'd let it go for another week or two just to be certain it is one.

5. Thanks for the replies. It was bag seed. I'm pretty positive its a hermie because the buds seem to be getting bigger and there are definitely white hairs growing out of them. pretty cool looking actually.

6. I just want to say that you do not necessarily need to get rid of a hermie. I had one of my 8 plants hermie on me and it's actually producing great BUD/THC. And lots of it. If you're careful and pluck out the pollen sacks each day, it will minimize pollen spread to the plant and grow room. The hermie in my closet has only pollenated itself, and the way I see it, is that it's producing seeds and I know that those seeds will be hermies which WILL grow up to have nice bud! It's not as scary as everyone makes it seem. Either way you choose, good luck!

:smoke:

7. no its not as bad as everyone makes it out... but it could possibly mess up every future grow... not worth the chance in most peoples opinion... yes hermie bud is very smokeable... had tons and tons of that.... but if your growing for quality... hermie bud is just garbage... move it outside... let it mature there... this way your grow room is never infected with pollen and you get the smoke to hold you over... and if your lucky a few viable seeds...

8. ive heard that seeds from a hermi will be feminized? is this true?

9. I believe that it's Hermie pollen pollenated with Female Plants that will create Fem Seeds. I might be wrong though. (I hope not!) LOL

I'm Straight Blowed y'all!!!
    :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

10. You make a very valid point good sir! :D

11. Most feminized seeds I have seen grown out will be slightly hermie only a few seeds per plant, sometimes just get the male flowers but not til really late so they don't even produce seed.
    vinnypel2ella- I agree with what washmo said also if you dont have anything to plant or smoke I would let it roll to get something from IT .As Tihspeed also said though I wouldn't use the seed. Definitely don't give it out as a treat...
    Wow after lookin at a closeup there gonna be a lot of pickin

12. Yea im gonna let them go. There starting to show trichomes which is really frickin sweet ha. The hairs are pinkish white which also looks badass. Hopefully everything goes right. Should i switch out the soil there in? Its fox farm ocean forest and they've been in those containers for about a month id say so the nutrients in the soil are gone. Should i plant them in new pots with new fox farm?

13. Is this male? happened today, there were no sacks yesterday. I appreciate help being a nubie.

Attached Files:

• 022.JPG
      022.JPG
      File size:
      841.8 KB
      Views:
    • 024.JPG
      024.JPG
      File size:
      847.2 KB
      Views:

14. That one is def male. Toss it

15. Yup, thanks. Chopped it about an hour ago. It was a sad :(

16. yea you can hijack my thread, its cool...hehe just kidding, glad u got ur answer. Your picture is mad weird! Man so many balls!?!!??!? Should i worry about gettin them off right now or just wait till i see the pollin sacs?

17. UPDATE: Im sooooo worried to pick off the balls cause it looks like some of them opened up and had pistils in them but some of them are not, and they both look identical so i cant tell which ones to pull off!!! Any help or links would be appreciated.

18. Perhaps a vacuum with a narrow attachment?

19. If they are male balls, they would be in the stage of producing pollen, not releasing it. waiting a little while longer will not hurt. I had a hermie in my grow up for about 8 weeks and it did not pollenate the all female plants. So, I would just wait it out until you're able to clearly identify male & female parts.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

20. hey vinnie if u dont mind a ? here. hermie related i have i two ladys in the 6 12 wk of flowering and i noticed balls yesterday started to tweze them off i got most. NOW i still have yet to see ANY bananas just balls more on bottom but def going up i have 14 days approx to harvest will i see more bud production since ive pulled most of the beans ? and WASHMO
    what wk did u first notice the flip?
    b.t.w im growing buddas sister any one familiar?