Hermie help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Alexcarync, Sep 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. i think I have a Hermie y’all this is my first grow and thought it was an autoflower at first but had to hide the plant in dark areas for safety reasons. This lead to stress of the plant which made it Hermie. It pisses me off and I think I’ll just start from scratch if I can’t fix this. Little balls that the hairs come out of?! Is that normal?! Someone give me advice on what to do about the Hermie! Thanks

2. Do you have a picture. That will allow people to have a better idea if you actually have a hermie. You can either pick the balls off so they don’t spread pollen or start from scratch. I personally just pick the balls off. Usually mine hermied late and I didn’t want to waste lots of time and energy. But note that you will have to constantly look. I picked off a plant for like 2 weeks because they just kept popping up.

3. Do they look like this?
    male-cannabis-plant-with-pistils-is-hermie-sm.jpg

4. Yeah quite a few of them have stuff that have the pistils coming out of it. And yeah about the picture idk if I can get it well on my phone but I’ll try

5. Also it hasn’t formed buds yet

6. Calyxes start in pairs of two at each node. If what you see is a cluster of multiples on each node then you either have a hermie or a male.

• Like Like x 1
  7. [​IMG]
    There you go :)

8. Is it just me or does that look like a normal female plant? The pic is kind of low quality so it’s hard to make out a lot of the important stuff.

9. I honestly cannot give accurate indie based on the quality of the pic either

10. Info*

11. Idk how to get a good closeup with the phone but I’ll keep trying!

12. Are you talking about these? If so those are stipules and give no indication of sex.

sHeSzA6.jpg

13. Ohhh ok I have white ones that look like that but bigger and hairier! I’m new to plant stuff especially weed growing I really should’ve done some research prior to planting

14. Just wait it out my dude. I was the same way and I was constantly looking for balls or hairs. It takes time for them to form so I’d say just give it a bit more time before you take any drastic action.

15. Thanks for the advice it’s just some hairs have ovals around them and some don’t I have to interrupt the light sometimes because the closet has always been having light come thru the cracks but I also have to hide the plant in different areas of the house cus I have unexpected guests

16. You’re going to continue to add more stress to the plant if that continues, just so you know. Giving it a set schedule for lighting is one of the most important parts of the life of the plant. I’d take extra measures for wherever it’s at to allow it to be on a set light schedule.

I am currently running a 150 watt HPS light for my one plant closet grow. I have a double door closet and I can keep 99% of the light in and the light out (during night phase) so I’d recommend that. It’s very stealthy, and if I took some extra steps like adding a layer of thick black garbage bag o completely hide it from anyone outside the closet.