Hermie! advice please

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dr.worm, Jun 8, 2009.

1. I had two plants. one of them immediately grew balls after flowering so it chopped it up and put it in the back yard. second plant is starting to grow some beautiful white strands indicating that it is a female. unfortunately today while looking her over, i found a couple random ballsacks. my plan is to keep the plant but remove the offending genitals. So here's my question....

is there any rhyme or reason to the location of the pollen sacks? basically, should i treat it like gangrene and cut off the entire branch that i found the sacks on, or do i just cut off the offending flower? If i cut the entire branch, obviously i lose alot of potential but. but if i just cut off the offending section is it like cancer? is it mroe likely to show up on that same branch again on a different flower? can anyone help me out please?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice. Peace!

oh yeah! quick question! i know stress can cause hermies, specifically light stress. but what about temperature stress? i have had some issues with exhaust in my box. my temps during the day are mid 80's and at night are mid 60's. does temp stress increase the liklihood of hermies? other than the nutsacks my plant looks very healthy and happy and is growing quite nicely

2. normally genetic or light stress are the most common cause of hermie, but cold temps don't normally cause hermies just make the plants stem and /or leaves go Purple...

just try to remove all the sacs, not the entire branch.....

good luck.

3. Yup, just kut dem knutts! Also keep an eye for recurring knutts! If you freeze the pollen, you can come back later an pollinate a bud or two to get femmed seeds!

4. thanks for the responses guys. should i cut the branch below the nuts or try to remove just the ntus themselves? i'm afraid if i tried to remove just the sack with an exacto knife or something i would nick it and release pollen

5. just the nuts