Hermaphrodite

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Stringer Bell, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Hello,

My plant has been through 3ish weeks of veg, and starting its 7th week of flower. Its growth has stalled the past two weeks. There are pistils, about 1/3 of which have turned amber, but there are also what look like little balls too. Do I have a hermie?

Attached Files:

2. looks herm.. If its your only plant might aswell finish the grow for the XP

3. nah. thats just the female flowers.

4. Trust him not me

5. you can see the pistils growing out of the flower. i had a skunk#1xhaze plant. looked exactly the same. dont worry.

6. If it's not herm... any suggestions why it's stalling? It hasn't grown at all for 2 weeks, and this was scheduled to be its last week of flowering before flush. Should I flower a bit longer?

7. You've got seeds developing ALL over the place man.

8. Looks like herm to me still lol.. But when your flowering it can slow down a bit at some point.. That doesnt mean its done though. It will probably pick back up... Mind if i ask what camera your using?

9. Pheno's got your answer...

You've had male flowers somewhere...if that's your only plant, it hermied...she's all pollinated a producing a whole bunch of seeds...

10. Really? It's a single plant tent, and I've only had one other plant in there, and it was female... I don't see how it could have gotten pollinated.

11. Pollen can travel airborne and pollinate from a few hundred feet away from the male.

12. I don't have any other plants... surely the pollen didn't travel from some other nearby male plant into an indoor closet grow?

Is it possible that it was a hermaphrodite that pollinated itself?

13. It hermd cause of stress or genetics then. Find the source or it will happen again.

14. I did burn a couple of branches experimenting with supplemental lighting, and also made a slight tear in the main stalk... that could've been the stress.

I guess I'll just have to bleach my tent and start over. Is there anything else useful I can get from this herm?

15. [quote name='"Stringer Bell"']I did burn a couple of branches experimenting with supplemental lighting, and also made a slight tear in the main stalk... that could've been the stress.

I guess I'll just have to bleach my tent and start over. Is there anything else useful I can get from this herm?[/quote]

You can collect the pollen but don't use the seeds.

16. Let it finish, then make hash...

You can pick out the seeds and smoke the plant, but it won't be the best...once the plant starts to make seeds, most of the energy goes into making seeds, not producing resin...

17. For what purpose? I run a single stealth closet grow and don't plan on breeding.

Do I need to flush it to make hash?

Thanks for the help, guys, much appreciated. Uptokes or whatever for everyone.

18. Nope...you won't be smoking plant material (or at the worst minimal amounts) so flushing won't make a difference...

19. Freeze the pollen. Never know if you'll need or want it.

20. Did u ever notce a male flower? Deff herm prob genetics i just dealt with a bad strain that hermed nasty and pollenated other plants. Be picky quality seeds quality plants