Here we grow again....

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by wizewizo, Sep 11, 2009.

1. ok, a lot there and i'm pretty blazed so i'll try to tackle everything and forgive me ahead of time if i skip sumthan.

First all congrats on the females! I have a good feeling that the one that hasn't shown yet will end up being a female as well since they generally show their gender later than males. So I am certain yer gonna be a happy man here in, oh shall we say 6 weeks or so. :)

ye, man my cuttings that are 26 days old (17 days veg/9 day into flowering) are already 20 inches tall and have already started to pop out hairs all over them. I am doing more plants on that round with hopefully much smaller plants. But the sativa in this ape and jack really come out cuz they are growin like crazy in flowering right now. I've started training them now so hopefully i can keep them under 30 inches.

I wish you the best of luck in your cloning ventures. From what I read in your journal, I would recommend gettin those leaves directly out of the water, It will cause the leaf to rot

As, for my 5 gal aero cloner I use a very very light dose of nutrients in the cloner, about 1/16 strength of a normal veg solution. And I dont use any rockwool to root my cuttings, I have 1/2 vinyl tubing that I just slip the cuttings right into. Once they drop a good amount of roots I transplant them into my 3 inch or 6 inch netcups, and hit them with full nutes. I like how the plant is just suspended in my system, no rockwool or nothing but fresh air and water flowing around their stems.

hope i touched base on everthing....

peace ya'll

2. +rep for staying on schedule... i'm always amazed with how much is going on in your garden, and it's always lookin' prime! :hippie:

3. And to think all that is going on 14 sq feet in my closet. This is the first time that I've had to really manage my space well. I got spoiled at my last operation, a huge 30x25 basement where space management wasnt a big deal at all. And with all that is goin on, it sure does keep me pretty busy.

Sorry I didnt post any pics this past weekend, but i've been pretty damn sick and havent really done anything other than trying to rest and get better. hey, Chron you need to send me some reiki to get me feelin better!

Til later today,

Peace

4. you got it bro!:poke:

5. alright so finally pics as promised, still tryin to get over this gd flu or w/e it is that i have. i'll tell ya one thing for certain w/e it is it sucks. anyways here's day 41. She's gettin to be almost unmanageable the colas are really startin to pack it on and they just wanna flop all over the place so hence all the garden ties in the pics. at any rate, enjoy....

Attached Files:

6. niceee looken nugs. ye u sounded like shit when we where chillen everyone in this town is sic; like the whole college has swine flu or something. well my light finally shipped from china cant wait to get my LED !!!! and prove all them nay sayers wrong

7. Just stopped by taking a look. Your doing a kickass job with the space you have. i'd be willing to bet you have some growing history behind you. Making the space work as you are gives it away.
    I've only got 4 grows under me and am still learning. I find it amazing how many ways we can grow our girls and make it work.
    EXp- if my temps get above 80 root rot isn't far behind. But your grow is handling the temps and doing good.
    Just goes to show that we each have a way that works for us.

Best of luck....:wave:

8. word!

9. So thought i'd post some pics of round 2 now that they are on day 13 of flowering. I looked back at day 13 of the first round, and i believe these to be a bit further along.

I dont think that I ever mentioned this but when i initially started flowering the first round I was using a HIDHUT 400w digital ballast. When I moved round 2 over to flowering and brought in another 400w magnetic ballast, I noticed that the digital ballast looked significantly less bright. snagged my light meter and sure as shit it was only putting out 36k lumens where as the magnetic ballast was bumping 54k lumens. Needless to say i went right back up in my attic and grabbed another 400w magnetic ballast. Thought initially it might just be the bulb, but nope.... Apperently I purchased a shitty digital ballast from hidhut 5 years ago. Oh well, i suppose. But I'm just happy now that I'm gettin the lumen output that I should be getting for the wattage i'm enlisting.

til next time,

peace

Attached Files:

10. Hey man, thanks for stopping by.... hope you stick around to watch these girls finish up. sendin some rep points yer way

peace

11. Came in late but better late then never nice grow u got going on

12. Welcome aboard mate. Better late than never is right! The grow is comin' right along. They got their last round of nutrients yesterday. So next week and the following week she'll be gettin all flushed out with pure h2o and hopefully gettin super tasty....

13. Hey bro, nice little setup i've gotta say. I just got an aerocloner, it's so much faster and cleaner than rockwool, and no dome. How long can you leave them in there once they have roots?

Yeah if your having troubles with heat and your working in small areas, a t5 setup is a great alternative to HPS if it's done right, because you can get the bulbs crazy close, like even 1/2 inch. thanks for checkin my grow dude i'll be watching yours for sure! +rep good job

14. Ze, i've kept cuttings in there until the roots have hit the bottom of the 5 gallon bucket. then once i transplant them in 3"/6" net cups i just spiral the roots down in the cup and then let them fork out from there again. A good aero set up is pretty amazing to say the least.

Pretty darn sure now that i'mma go with a nice little 2' 4bulb t5 set up for my veg room.

thanks for the info and look forward to hearin from ya again soon, and you know i'll be following that grow of yours as well!

peace

15. Thanks for answering my question, that makes a lot of sense. how do ya make the plant stand up with it's root coiled in a mesh basket? Or i guess specifically, how do you put a clone into hydroton? Could you put the coiled root into a 2" basket for a while, then later place that basket into a bigger basket but with hydroton, similar to using rockwool?

good growin!

16. sup ze, hows things goin? After coiling the roots along the bottom of the net cup, I just kinda place the stem off to one side of the net cup for support, and then fill cup with hydroton and voila.... ye, no different with a 2"incher/ or transferring 2" to a 6". I still have prob about 15 slabs of rockwool laying around that I'll never use, unless I get some mothers goin again for cloning for the clubs, but at this point I dont really have the room for that. Rockwool, blahhhh...

Peace

17. Grow is looking great cant wait to see the finished results, props on the diy aero systems and cloner i like the way the clones are suspended in the tubes great idea.

18. Wowza's its been 5 days since my last post and even longer since I snapped a few pics. Guess I'll have to get on the pics later on once the lights come on, but suppose I'll give ya a quick update. Went to the club and got some new genetics (Purple Kush, GDP, and Purple Erkle) so I tossed the cuttings that I rooted of the Jack Herer and Grape Ape. Variety is the spice of life, eh? Plus once I saw the Erkle and Kush I knew I had to try them out. Had grown the Erkle before and loved it, but the kush is sumthan new. And had to snag a GDP since my hommie Chronictronic is currently growing some as well. Picked up a little 1 gram samples of the GDP and of some Raspberry Kush, the kush was so delightful, and the GDP was pretty good; still tryin to get over this cough and the GDP wasnt helpin at all. The kush was ultra smooth and ultra wonderful high. Always have been a huge kush fan. and blah blah blah

So yeah check back later and I'll have some pics for ya of the new clones from the club, update pics of round 1 day 50 and round 2 day 20.

til then, later...

19. Pictures..... Finally... So we're are gettin real close to finishing up round 1 here. We're on day 51! And already day 21 on round 2. Oh that reminds me kinda got in there and took pics right before the lights went out so I didnt have time to snag pics of the new clones, tomorrow though, I promise. The first 5 pictures are of round 1 and the last picture is of round 2. Just a few more days and it'll be time to chop chop... Yippie!

Attached Files:

20. yay..... chop chop smoke smoke xD