Here comes the rain!@!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by I vape that, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have a question about my little sprout. It is about an inch high at the most, it's the first week it has been sprouted, like it has been about 7 days since the sprout. It is supposed to rain wednesday, thursday, friday, and saturday all this week.

I know my sprout need sunlight, but since it will be cloudy and rainy what should I do??

Also, will my sprout get hurt through all of the rain this coming week??

P.S. there is no possible way I can grow inside for these coming up days, don't want my wife to find out about all this. What should I do about all of this?

:confused: :confused::confused: :confused:

All help is greatly appreciated!!!

2. well since they prob arnt guna get sunlight anyway, id hang a tarp over them at a slant to protect them from the rain. also helps to not have all that water flooding them.

3. Thanks for the reply

4. No one else has any responses?

5. Since it is that small, put a gallon size ziploc bag over it. It will protect it from rain, and will keep things warm inside.

6. i'd use a clear plastic cup, it has a backbone unlike the plastic bag which would need to be supported

7. Would the plant even get light being outside? Would it hurt just to leave it inside for these coming up days? It will only be about 4-5 days of pretty heavy rain.

8. If you have them in pots, I highly suggest you bring them in before the rain, why risk it?

9. I have figured out how to help with my dilemma. I cut out some plastic wrap, and a hole through the wrap. covered both buckets with the wrap, and put a clear plastic bottle over the sprout. There is only a little crack of room that the rain will get in through, however I am not so worried about that. It is nice organic soil that came from a compost pile, and is very nice at soaking up water. Also I haven't watered my plants since saturday.

Hopefully there won't get to much water into the pot and drown out my sprouts, if this becomes the case, then I will just bring the plants into the basement garage.

P.S. I am leaving the plants outside in hopes of them getting some form of sunlight, which is a necessity to their growth.

Is it possible for them to be perfectly okay w/o sunlight for 4-5 days? Will they just stop growing, but live?

All help is greatly appreciated.

10. even if its not really bright if its daytime clouds or no clouds there is still the suns rays coming through .. i think your plant will be just fine with minimal BRIGHT direct sunlight as long as they dont drown from the rain the lack of major sunlight shouldnt hurt them ..,,,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.