Herb-Iron

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by figarofigaro, Aug 25, 2012.

1. So I have a soldering iron... but its not an adjustable temp one. Its the cheapo-radioshack one that I used for small projects, and the new tip will probably cost more than the whole wand itself...

I'm sort of curious about getting an iron. So I googled and came across:

Herb-Iron - Quality Ceramic Butaneless Lighter, Smoking Legal Herbs, Smoking Tobacco, Enjoy the full flavor without butane and sulfur, Easy to Use Lighter, Safe and Clean.

Now the FAQ tells me every god damn bit of information that I'd never need to know, EXCEPT HOW HOT THE FUCKING TIP GETS. COME ON PEOPLE.

Is it worth buying an iron designed for herb?

Or can I buy an adjustable temp soldering iron and just keep the temp low?

2. dude there soooooo nice. i just bought one not too long ago. i wont even touch a lighter now. i wish i got one years ago. BUY ONE

3. yea man, but is it worth $75+shipping...?

idk man

4. Fuck no! Its cool for a day or two but its not worth it. My friend has one and we only remember and use that piece of chit if we cant find a lighter!

5. dude id pay more than that for it lol its worth the money. and idk what that dudes ^ talking about he must like the flavor of butane XD

6. #6 OG IronLungs, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2012
    [quote name='"kushswag"']dude id pay more than that for it lol its worth the money. and idk what that dudes ^ talking about he must like the flavor of butane XD[/quote]

I guess thats why there still in business! Its a $20 soldering iron with a ceramic tip that they put a sticker on and sell it for 4x the price + shipping! Id have $80 left over to buy the BEST buds around, I taste no butane! Your smokin schwag cuz you blew your wad on a fancy soldering iron haha. I dont understand your argument.. Its a soldering iron. Period! Why are you willing to pay an arm and a leg to sit by a plug-in and let it heat up for every toke! Go to the hardware store and save yourselves some paper!

7. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH bro 80 bucks is chump change.
    the reason i didnt buy a sodering iron was why not get a cool colored one with a sweet label thats not a sticker.u dont see many people buying stupid plain looking bongs/pipes do u? and it has a button to heat it up . doesnt a sodering iron heat up right when u plug it into the wall.

8. u can control the heat better and they also make a vape attachement

9. I love it man. The herb iron has a very nice manageable tip, holds like a pen, so it's easy to maneuver into your bowls and not awkward (aside from the plug, but fuck the $250 sticker price on the cordless Ember, plug is manageable if you're careful).

Plus the button is nice to have. I rubber band mine, so I can take a couple hits in a row without the startup warmup time. Then just slide the rubber band down when I am done for the moment.

If you got the cash, go for it. And I hope that Radioshack soldering pen of yours has a ceramic heating element. If not, stop using it.

10. O_O............ thx for saying "aside from the plug, but fuck the $250 sticker price on the cordless Ember" i didnt know about those!... thats awsome i might have to get one of those

11. Sorry, just googled and realized I spelled it wrong, it's Embur. Here is their webpage:
    Embur - The Original Cordless Flameless Lighter