Hempy Bucket questions (newbie)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by NutzZ09, Aug 24, 2013.

1. Alright so I am about to start my first grow project and I am interested in trying the Hempy bucket method. I have been doing a lot of reading and have a general idea of what I am doing, but I am curious about some pics I have seen of some plants. This may be a stupid question with an easy answer but..from what I have seen from some hempy bucket grow pics, the plant seems to grow differently than a regular soil grow. Instead of it becoming bushy and stuff, most of the pics I have seen look like just giant colas all over like in the examples I posted and they stay rather short. Like i said I am a noob so for all I know it could be the strain or anything. Just looking for some clarification on how to get plants like the pictures in examples. Any info would be great! It may be on this site already somewhere but I didnt see anything answering my question. picresized_th_1225263454_MarocHempy.jpg imgp1472sy8.jpg

2. They don't grow funny at all just depends what you do with them. Last ones I let just go they looked like pot plants lol short side sure but vegged for like 3 weeks or so from seed before flipping. They were like maybe 7 inches so didnt get overly huge... They could have easily gotten bigger but space, mainly height, was an issue.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. its just dependent on strain and if you top them or not..some strains like to bush some dont

4. Thanks a lot, i figured it was a silly question with an obvious answer but I just wanted to make sure since I want to keep them rather small, didnt know if there was any tricks others than gettin a strain that is short growing etc. Appreciate it!