Hempy Bucket Lucas Formula

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by WhiteGuy88, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Ok guys this will be my second attempt at doing hempys, my first attempt i did just fine but didnt have all the equipment i needed to do a perfect run, this time im changing that, i didnt have a ppm meter or a ph pen, im going to get both of those, i used an airstone last time and had massive root growth, i was very pleased with that, this is only the start of my grow, i dont have it all the way setup yet, im going to post as i go, for now i just have my 2 buckets, please if anyone wants to tag along and guide me with hydroponics what so ever please give your info, nothing bothers me negative or positive, i also need a salt build up flush, if you guys have a good brand let me know, also if anyone else has done hempy i have heard i need cal mag for hempys and does anyone reccomend a flower booster in the end for hydro

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hempys and Lucas go together like milk and cookies. Should treat you well

3. Never grew this way,,I'll tag along

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

4. A little update, i borrowed a ppm meter and checked my tap, very very high, 330 ppm’s, so i had to do some tweaking to the lucas formula for now, after all said and done i got my ppm’s down to 750-800 with about half the recomended lucas formula, im giving them both 4ml micro and 8ml bloom and my ph was almost 8.5 so i had to add 4ml ph down just to get it in the 5.5-6.0 range, tommorrow i will check the runoff and how things have fluctuated, first layer is hydroton clay pebbles all the way up to the drain, these pebbles were boiled and than washed off in a strainer, second layer is 50/50 perlite vermeculite also washed in a strainer, third layer is hydroton clay pebbles on top to keep algae from growing on top and also for a cleaner feed, these plants are vegged under normal 100w (23w) 5000k led house lights, its what ive been using for awhile now and they work very well for veg

Attached Files:

5. I do not have an update yet but i do have a huuuge improvement!! I finally made a rainwater catching system with my guttering and a 55 gal drum, i am extreamly impressed and know this will aid in huge growth and yield!! I am too excited, the pictures below are rain collected fresh as it was raining and off of the roof coming out of my barrel

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ok so ive finally dialed in everything for my plants and my hempy buckets, my setup and plants are ready to take off!! I can already tell how much the plants like rain water over tap!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Love it might have to try that i got a buddy that uses rain water and its at about 6.7 for him and thats good for him cuz he does soil. I made a compost in a bucket mostly fruit peels and egg shells leaves sum acorns a fe random poison berrys and buds off some trees. Should be grest feed this spring. I left it out in the rain a couple days ago so let it sit then today poured the water out saved a bottle of the yummy fruit rot water. Should be great for boosting plants microbial life and P K Ca ect...

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. Thats awesome!! I hope it is a good blend for you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Terrified to use it still. Lol. I must find a good guide on using compost for feed.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Im great at coco, soils tottaly diffrent and organics go hand and hand with soil. Dude i love your pots!! Can you post a pic of the side so i can see where you placed the PVC and whats the green thing your draining on

11. That looks like gudder drain thing man!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Yes for now... i had to improvise

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bro i would use one. I love that setup!! I think i might do a coffee creamer grow sometime. Im impressed with multiple feedings on coco plants. 20200318_173304.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  14. Thats crazy looking lol yeah eventually i may do coco multi feeding, right now i just dont have the time to do a multi feed setup

15. Im more impressed with coco now that i did this. And only drinks about 16oz of feed a day pretty cheep quarter sack i hope and a fun learning experience. On this plant i tested bud clipping and removing leaves from diffrent areas at the bottom nodes at diffrent times to see the cause and effect of growth patterns. I do know if i didnt tie this plant like i did im sure it could of got a foot taller. How many states are on lockdown now? 20200324_071010.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. So far so good

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Incase anybody was following, i am getting ready to put these hempys into flower, i have fresh clone cuts from my clones, lets hope they turn out ok

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. I’m following! I really like watching hempys

• Like Like x 1
  19. I been subbed but notifications are fckin stupid,,,lookin good tho

• Like Like x 1