Hempcords at walmart? Hempwick?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by TheMacGyverSmoker, Oct 23, 2017.

1. So I walk into a walmart and find this 0.55mm hempcord.
    I saw coloerd ones and a natural one. So I grabbed the natural looking hemp. Cheaper than most hempwick. At Around $3.50 U.S. for 350 or 450 feet. (cant remember)

However when I saw it said in small letters in the back made from hemp and "other natural material". I dropped it and walked away right away. They didnt have any of the ones that say %100 Hemp at that store location that I saw.

Now I want to know Is this something that has been talked about using before?

And if so, whats up with that stuff?

2. Yeah, so that's twine. It's there to tie things and craft with. It's not there for you to smoke or use as hempwick or burn or anything else. Hempwick isn't twine, it's wick.

3. Hempwick is Coated in bees wax. Helps it burn more like a candle/wick. What you get at wal Mart is not hempwick and doesn't burn well. I actually just burned some out of curiousity from your post to see if it was much different and it was horrible. I have both hemp wick and twine on hand.

4. Thank you, And right after I posted I looked at hempwick and saw most of them said bee's wax. I thought that maybe the case, However I wanted to see what you guys had to say anyway. But thanks Killset for posting the results of your science experiment.