Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hemp wick!!!!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Nug Love, Apr 8, 2012.

1. I picked some up at my lhs Thursday and I can't say I've noticed any difference. I mean I don't even really taste the butane to begin with. Could it just be the brand I bought or something? I thought these things were supposed to be far superior to lighters can someone shed some light on the subject?

2. Oh really thanks guys lol.

3. have you been noticing smoother or bigger hits with the hempwick?

4. Well there's plenty of gases that are toxic you won't smell or taste either until it's too late. Never have used a hemp wick so not sure what difference you're looking for. Fire is fire, you'll light your weed and get high either way lol always better to use as clean a method as you can though so I think I'll definitely be using hemp wicks sooner or later

5. Use a quality hempwick for a while (not a noname brand that the LHS carries) for a week, then use your lighter. You will notice a difference in someway.

I get sick now when I use the lighter to take a hit, or I end up getting a headache. Plus, it just FEELS cleaner using the hempwick. I am not sure why, whether it's mental or not, but I have a feeling it's not just in my head. I never notice a huge taste with weed to begin with, so I don't notice taste really with butane either.

But, hempwick helps to light your bud at a lower temperature than a flame will. Thus, you can smoke more to get higher, thus conserving bud. :)

Look for Humbolts or Beeline, they are 2 of the more popular name brands.

6. [quote name='"iVapeTooMuch"']have you been noticing smoother or bigger hits with the hempwick?[/quote]

Eh. Not really. Possibly a bit smoother but I heard the taste was suppssed to be really good and I didn't find that. Maybe I just need to use it more...

7. [quote name='"DrSheldonCooper"']Use a quality hempwick for a while (not a noname brand that the LHS carries) for a week, then use your lighter. You will notice a difference in someway.

I get sick now when I use the lighter to take a hit, or I end up getting a headache. Plus, it just FEELS cleaner using the hempwick. I am not sure why, whether it's mental or not, but I have a feeling it's not just in my head. I never notice a huge taste with weed to begin with, so I don't notice taste really with butane either.

But, hempwick helps to light your bud at a lower temperature than a flame will. Thus, you can smoke more to get higher, thus conserving bud. :)

Look for Humbolts or Beeline, they are 2 of the more popular name brands.[/quote]

Oh shit. Thanks for the info homie. I'll be sure to keep using it.

8. Like lovesmyreligion said, you wont notice a profound difference when you start using hemp wick as opposed to a lighter, but it really does make a difference. It cuts down on the butane you inhale from a Bic and helps stop the headache caused by butane when you come down. it also burns at a lower temperature than a Bic flame, causing smoother, more tasteful hits. Sorry if that was roundabout

9. :) No problem. I have almost converted completely to using only hempwick. But damnit it's just fucking easier to use the lighter sometime :rolleyes:

10. [quote name='"DrSheldonCooper"']Use a quality hempwick for a while (not a noname brand that the LHS carries) for a week, then use your lighter. You will notice a difference in someway.

Look for Humbolts or Beeline, they are 2 of the more popular name brands.[/quote]

This. I use beeline and find that it makes the inside of my throat much less itchy and I don't need to cough as much. I don't always use them but I recommend it if you spend alot of time smoking a bong indoors, otherwise I don't think its worth the trouble. Also get one if you have a vapor genie, you inhale alot of butane from those I think

11. That's what I mean bro!! Sometimes I'm already too stoned to be bothered with the wick even though it's wrapped around my lighter haha!!!! :hello:

12. Thanks for the info! I will be order some Beeline with my SYN Mini-showerhead this week to see what it is like. :D

13. Yeah, I noticed a difference between this no name brand from my LHS and beeline. The stuff from the LHS is basically hemp rope, no wax at all. Super harsh. Beeline has a nice honey flavor and a much smoother hit, after comparing the two for a week or so each.

Haha I know right. You're just like "fuck it, Ill use the hempwick next time". ;)

....Fuck you. Was looking at that in my headshop the other day :( I need more money for some sexier Syn pieces :)

14. interesting, i just recently bought some the other day and i didnt really like it because how quickly it burned... ill try it again tonight.

edit: its bee line.

15. My biggest dislike of Beeline also. But the flavor and smoothness are far better than the no name brands I've tried.

Will be getting some Humbolt's soon (when my QuikWick is finally ready :hello:). I hear great things about them.

I also tried a brand that a guy was making here (he gave out free samples). Called Organwick. Stuff tasted much more like a nice rich honey, and burned slow like the thick rope I had. In fact, I am not sure why I am not ordering more of his stuff. It was really good.

16. #17 LostOnThaMoon, Apr 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2012
    i got some hempwick but haven't tried using it yet. my brother said it was annoying as fuck trying to use it to smoke a bowl, that it burnt all fast and he couldnt get enough time to pull, but he probably didnt know what he was doing.

17. It's annoying, but not hard at all when you get used to the routine. Same as everything else. I can't tell you how many times I hurt myself using a lighter for smoking from pipes and bongs, especially when you first start.

The only hard part is learning what a good size flame is (for your bowl specifically, a deeper bowl would need a bigger flame or it simply will get smothered out.

Also, you will learn to not pull from your pieces as fast when using hempwick, it will just bowl out if you try to light a bong rip and are ripping it like you already pulled the slide :p

Small learning curve for a great payoff.

18. looking forward to trying it again tonight. last night i used my new torch lighter and it worked really well. it was great for cornering the bowl.

19. Torch is definitely a step up from a lighter, I would still be afraid of damaging too much of my product though.

I actually have REALLY been craving a ceramic soldering hern iron. So bad. Looks efficient as hell, haha.