Hemp taking over cows?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by elf_butcher, Nov 30, 2009.

1. I was writing a persuasive piece in english class today about why cannabis should be legalized. i got to thinking about what it would be like if it was legalized all over america. basically this is what i think would happen.

first, there would be two types of growers, the blazing weed (really strong stuff to get high) and industrial hemp (would be about 90%+ of the produced cannabis). the blazing weed would be sold to people at an age limit (i think 16-17 with parents permitting and 18 is when it become completely legal with mister-meaner charges if caught younger). the hemp industry would blow up because it can take over cotton, milk...etc (lots and lots of things) farmers would see the money in hemp and sell all of there livestock and buy equiptment to produce hemp. hemp could replace milk being more healthy and tastier than cow milk. cotton would be worthless because hemp is much easier to manufacture than cotton will ever be. the government would make more money taxing the blazing weed and hemp products that they would have a ton of money. that gets put into schools, public places and roads making america a great place to live then you get where im going with this. just a nice peaceful place called america with hardly any problems. OH, did i mention all of the JOBS that would be made??

BTW to stop accidents from driving while high...make all cars bumper cars its right thing to do... :cool:

2. i think your age restrictions are a bit low realisticly.

Honestly hemp as a faberic is very rough and hard to work with so it wouldn't take over completely in the fashion industry. I could see it replacing all rope and hats and things of that sort.. a hemp wallet would be pretty cool because hemp is so strong that it would last quite a while. ( i go through wallets pretty quick )

It has a good point of view but i think as a persuasive essay you could use some work on the facts and try to address issues from both points of view in a realistic way. Bumper cars? lol

3. Think of all the jobs lost from the DEA,pharmaceutical companies and the paper/lumber industry. Unemployment would drop drastically and thats the last thing the people,goverment, and companies want, no matter how many jobs 'could' be made the number of them isn't realistic because it isn't fully legalized for everyone in any country.

So until we actually see some other country reap the benefits of MJ to produce a significant boost in employment without hurting other jobs I doubt MJ will be legal.

4. Well if you look at amsterdam as a country, they have less crime in their entire country than we have in 1 state and their economy isn't really suffering at all.

I'm sure after some adjustments things would pick right back up, it's just the cost of those adjustments i think is the real problem. CA is desperate enough to try it though so this next election comes step 1 to US legalization.

5. Hemp is a truly amazing crop that can be used to create thousands and thousands of products in a cleaner, greener, more efficient, and better way than they are now. And also create many jobs.

But i don't see it replacing milk because it is so beneficial, do you see soy/rice/almond milk taking over the market? No, if people eventually moved away from milk and towards healthier alternatives (its not the milk itself, it's the milk in the US that is bad..) then i doubt hemp milk would take over the non-dairy milk market still

6. looking at Amsterdam would be a good thing to check out, though i'm not sure what looking at a municipal area (since it's a city, not a country) would really do. it's not a large enough place on it's own.

hell, just looking at the rates of use there should be enough of an indicator... i mean, i know a bunch of people that started smoking weed simply because it was the rebellious thing to do. if it's not illegal, the "rebels" would have to find something else to do.

7. good point but if we could reduce the cows and increase the hemp product then we would be getting more bang for an acre. for example you can get veal and milk from a cow, from hemp you can get milk, insulation, cloths, wallets, food, and much more and they take way less hay, labor and TLC then a cow does. so overall there easier to maintain and you get alot more out of them.

8. #8 smoops, Nov 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2009
    There are plenty of jobs for DEA agents. There are some that are even vocal about their stance against prohibition, but of course carry out the laws in their day-to-day. And are you really putting the pharmaceutical companies in there? You may have something with the paper/lumber industry, but seriously I think it will create jobs overall, and divert money to where it's really needed and actually beneficial.

9. I agree smoops, i also think that the paper industry will be better off with hemp and make alot of people happier not chopping trees down for paper and making hemp paper. perhaps hemp paper is better quality. then all the trees they chop down can be used for lumber and less will be chopped down over time.

10. Ya but if we legalize the easily grown hemp then what would happen to all the markets that the U.S. has in other countries where their incapable of growing things like cotton because of its high-intensive inputs.

We'd lose those markets and those countries could provide materials for themselves, thats what would happen.

This is one of the reasons why I think the U.S. supports the prohibition.